Two-stage snow blowers are typically better for gravel driveways because they don’t typically have to touch as near to the ground. If you are on the lookout for the best two-stage snow blower under $1000, you do not have to search far!
Keep on reading the rest of this post and we’ll have a quick look at some of the top options that should be on your radar.
- What Are Two-Stage Snow Blowers?
- Top 8 Best 2 Stage Snow Blowers under $1000 Reviews
- 1. PowerSmart Snow Blower, PSSAM24 24-inch 212cc 2-Stage Electric Start Gas Snow Blower
- 2. Snow Joe 24V-X2-SB18 48-Volt iON+ Cordless Snow Blower Kit
- 3. WEN SB24E 24-Inch 212cc Two-Stage Self-Propelled Gas-Powered Snow Blower, Electric Start
- 4. Briggs & Stratton 1024 Standard Series 24-Inch Dual-Stage Snow Blower with Push Button Electric Start and Left SIde Chute Rotation
- 5. Briggs & Stratton S1024 Standard Series 24-Inch Dual-Stage Snow Blower with Free Hand Control and Dash Mounted Chute Rotation
- 6. PowerSmart Snow Blower, PSS2240C 24-in Gas Snow Blower, 212cc 2-Stage Electric Start Gas Snow Blower
- 7. Troy-Bilt Storm 2625 243cc Electric Start 26-Inch Two Stage Gas Snow Thrower
- 8. Snow Joe SJ627E Electric Snow Thrower
- Should I Get A Single Stage or Two Stage Snow Blower?
- How Does a 2 Stage Snow Blower Work?
- Snow Blower Tips and Tricks
What Are Two-Stage Snow Blowers?
It is also important to take note of the fact that not all two-stage snow blowers are the same. They are different from each other in terms of their features, price, and performance.
1. Entry-Level Two-Stage Snow Blower
For basic needs and novices, this will be more than enough. It is economy-grade, which makes it the cheapest of the three types. Often, it has a 208c engine, an intake of 17 to 23 inches, and a clearing width of 20 to 27 inches.
2. Mid-Range Two-Stage Snow Blower
They are bigger and beefier compared to an entry-level model. Most of those that fall under this category come with a 196cc engine, an intake height of 16 to 23 inches, and a clearing width of 22 to 45 inches.
3. Professional Two-Stage Snow Blower
It is the most powerful of the three. Most of the models have a 196cc engine, an intake height of 20 to 23.5 inches, and a clearing path of 24 to 45 inches. They use commercial-quality components, making it tough.
Top 8 Best 2 Stage Snow Blowers under $1000 Reviews
To be provided the best bang for the buck and the assurance that you will end up with a reliable snow removal tool, below are some of the products that should be on your list!
1. PowerSmart Snow Blower, PSSAM24 24-inch 212cc 2-Stage Electric Start Gas Snow Blower
This is made by one of the most trusted brands on the market, which should already give you enough reason to have it chosen over others. It is also powered by a 212cc engine, guaranteeing ultimate reliability. It has 24-inch tires, which are large and rugged enough to tackle all terrains.
For your comfort, it comes with an adjustable handle. You can customize the height and position depending on what you find to be most comfortable. The handle grips are also heated, making it easier to work during the winter. Plus, it has bright headlights for illuminating the place where you have to remove snow.
This PowerSmart snowblower has reliably worked. I have used it for a couple of snowy days and for the aftermath of a South Dakota blizzard. This is the first snowblower I have ever owned and used. I use it around my residence on the snowy and windy north side of town.
2. Snow Joe 24V-X2-SB18 48-Volt iON+ Cordless Snow Blower Kit
This self-propelled and battery-powered two-stage snow blower is one of the most innovative products you can find on the market today. It boasts of a 4-volt rechargeable lithium-ion battery. When the battery is fully charged, it can provide up to 30 minutes of continuous runtime.
There is a push-button display for your convenience. The dash comes with LEDs that will let you know the direction in which it is going. It also has an easy speed selector that will allow you to choose from four speeds. Lastly, the manufacturer is offering a two-year warranty.
3. WEN SB24E 24-Inch 212cc Two-Stage Self-Propelled Gas-Powered Snow Blower, Electric Start
This model is powered by a 212cc snow engine with starting up your snowblower on a cold morning is effortless thanks to the 120-volt electric start and equipped with a 6-foot. electric-start power cord, the push of a button is all it takes to start clearing away the latest snowfall.
It is a multi-speed snowblower, providing users with the option to choose from two reverse and six forward speeds. It has augers that are made of serrated steel, allowing it to effortlessly tackle even thick snow. The high-speed impeller allows it to consume more snow at a given time to cut down the time you have to spend using the equipment.
I have had it out in both wet and fluffy snow conditions and it can handle it all. I like the 6 forward gear options as it gives me choices on how fast I want to go. At speed 6 it is a very brisk pace which I use in my straight section of the driveway with little snow amounts. This model also comes with a plastic chute clearing tool which is very handy if you ever need to use it.
4. Briggs & Stratton 1024 Standard Series 24-Inch Dual-Stage Snow Blower with Push Button Electric Start and Left SIde Chute Rotation
Even if you have to deal with thick snow, you do not have to exert too much effort with the use of this equipment. It is equipped with a 208cc engine made exclusively by the company, providing an assurance of its powerful performance.
It also has heavy-duty ribbon augers, which will allow it to effortlessly penetrate even thick snow. For your convenience, it has an electric start feature and also has a console-mounted chute that will make it effortless to control its functions. Lastly, the manufacturer is offering a 3-year warranty for the engine.
This snow blower is worth every penny and has given your family peace of mind during the blizzard. It cuts through chunks and icy snow easily. I’m a female and it was important that I chose a machine that wasn’t too heavy for me to operate and I’m so glad I chose this one. It even reverses and it is self-propelled. It has several speeds and slow was good for this beginner but now I’m up to 3!
5. Briggs & Stratton S1024 Standard Series 24-Inch Dual-Stage Snow Blower with Free Hand Control and Dash Mounted Chute Rotation
One of the reasons for the popularity of this model is the 208cc 4-cycle OHV engine that runs on gas. It offers versatility to its users, basically because there are two reverse and six forward speeds.
It has a cleaning path of 26 inches and a height of 21 inches, so there is no need to worry even if the snow is thick. This product is going to be a beast! The 15-inch tires are also exceptional, which will provide maximum traction even when the ground is wet and slippery. There is also an in-dash light that will come useful when you are working in a low light environment.
6. PowerSmart Snow Blower, PSS2240C 24-in Gas Snow Blower, 212cc 2-Stage Electric Start Gas Snow Blower
For a budget under $500, it is highly recommended. You’ll be confident maneuvering the PowerSmart PSS2240-X 24-inch 2-Stage Electric Start Gas Snow Blower in deep snow or slippery surfaces with power assist with 212cc engine with electric start.
Have this exact unit and it works very well. The chute does not rotate 180 degrees, more like 150. But it is a great unit for the price and it has yet to jam up. Throwing snow a foot deep is child’s play with a versatile drive system that allows 4 forward and 2 reverse speed variations for enhanced driving convenience.
It had both a manual start and an electric start. They both work fine, about eight inches of snow ended up down, which the snowblower handled with ease. It turned a job I did by shovel in about 45 minutes into a leisurely 20 minutes.
7. Troy-Bilt Storm 2625 243cc Electric Start 26-Inch Two Stage Gas Snow Thrower
This is a 2 snowblower that is powered by a 243cc engine, which is a bit more powerful compared to most of the options with only a 208cc engine. Some might have hesitation using a snowblower with a gas engine because of the loud sound that it produces while working.
Thankfully, this model is equipped with a revolutionary noise guard, which will be effective in making it quiet. There is a chute rotation control crank, which makes the operation of the equipment almost effortless, even if you are a novice. It has a light and reflective strips, which will improve visibility. Lastly, it comes with a two-year warranty from the manufacturer.
If you get over 18″ of snow with regularity and more in harsh storms, go with a professional-grade blower but if you get 4-6″ of snow with the occasional 12-18″ storm, this machine is outstanding.
It has everything you need to tackle your own drives/walks with ease. The power steering works well, and the heated grips are a plus.
8. Snow Joe SJ627E Electric Snow Thrower
One of the best features of this two-stage snow blower is the 15-amp electric motor moves up to 25 tons/hr. This is the same engine that is used in the more expensive models and is known for being able to start effortlessly even in the coldest temperatures, ideal for quick snow pickups on mid-sized driveways and walkways
It also comes with a 13-inch auger and impeller, making it easy to tackle even thick snow. The chute, on the other hand, has a premium steel construction that makes it longer-lasting compared to those that are made of plastic. Lastly, the manufacturer is offering a two-year warranty.
Should I Get A Single Stage or Two Stage Snow Blower?
As you try to search for the best snow blower on the market, you will be confronted with two choices – single-stage and two-stage models. Which one is the better option for you?
If you plan to take only small jobs, a single-stage blower will be more than enough for you. This is also the better option for budget-conscious buyers as they are generally cheap. They are also lightweight and compact, making them easy to handle. Often, they are suitable only if you have to clear snow with a thickness of fewer than eight inches.
For the more demanding tasks, on the other hand, you should choose a two-stage snow blower, including those that have been briefly reviewed above. They have power-assisted wheels, making them more effective for thicker snow. They have more powerful augers and impellers. Even if the snow is up to 36 inches in terms of thickness, this equipment will prove to be reliable.
How Does a 2 Stage Snow Blower Work?
Now that you know how it is different from a single-stage snowblower, let us look at how it works.
As the name implies, there are basically two stages. The first stage is the collection of the snow from the source, which is made possible by the auger and the impeller. The latter should be made of high-quality materials so that they won’t be easily prone to breakage, especially when the snow is thick.
Once the snow has been collected by the auger, it will be broken down into smaller pieces. After this, it will be thrown out of the chute.
Snow Blower Tips and Tricks
Before we end this post, allow us to give you some tips and tricks on how to make the most out of the snow blower you are using.
- Always perform a pre-inspection of the snow blower to make sure that it will be working properly and that it will be safe to operate.
- Decide on the pattern of how you plan to tackle the snow. You cannot just work in random patterns as this will make the job a lot more difficult. Make sure to not blow the snow into the streets as this could put other people at risk.
- When the snow blower is running, it is advisable that you use both hands, which will provide you with better control, especially when it comes to steering. This is also safer and will prevent slipping.
- Keep it slow and steady. It is not a race, so be patient when dealing with snow. If you have to turn, take it slowly. Again, you are not on a race track.
- Proper care and maintenance are also important. See to it that all parts are working perfectly. If there is any problem, best to have it addressed as soon as possible before it becomes worse and costlier to fix.
When it comes to snow removal, do not do it manually with the use of a shovel! Instead, invest in a trustworthy 2-stage snow blower, including those that have been mentioned above. It can significantly cut down the time it takes to complete the job while also providing an assurance that you won’t end up complaining of an aching body!