- Why Choose a Hot Water Pressure Washer?
- Essential Factors to Consider
- Top commercial hot water pressure washers
If your line of work includes pressure washing, you need to find the right equipment to successfully complete your job. You need to find one that is powerful enough to tackle commercial applications. It must be able to remove even the toughest dirt and grime without requiring too much effort on your end. For this reason, you need to invest in the best commercial hot water pressure washer.
In this guide, I will share with you some of the top picks for a commercial hot water pressure washer, as well as the features that make them notable. It will help you to arrive at the right decision and be provided with the best bang for the buck.
Why Choose a Hot Water Pressure Washer?
When choosing a commercial pressure washer, the one with hot water mechanism is recommended because it delivers better cleaning results. It softens oil and grease, which makes it especially effective when cleaning cars.
Another good thing about a hot water pressure washer is that it reduces the amount of detergent and cleaning agents that are consumed. Using only hot water will already be effective in the removal of tough stains and dirt. It results to not only cost savings, but it is also good for the environment.
To add, using hot water in a commercial pressure washer also speeds up the drying time. More so, the working time is significantly lessened since it is tougher on dirt and will allow you to accomplish your task while exerting minimal effort.
Essential Factors to Consider
As you try to narrow down the options that are available on the market, here are some of the most important things that should be taken into account:
- Heating Capability: One of the first considerations is how the water is heated. In most models, it is heated through gas, either with diesel or kerosene. It must be equipped with a burner that quickly reaches a hot temperature so that you won’t have to wait long before it is ready for the cleaning task.
- Power Source: Generally, you will have two choices – gas or electric. Gas is popular for those who are on a budget as they are commonly more affordable. To add, gas-powered models are also usually more powerful, which is why they are a favorite amongst commercial users.
- Pump Quality: The pump is one of the most important parts in a commercial pressure washer. It must be made from high-quality materials as this can extend the longevity of the equipment. Triplex pumps are the best, which are equipped with three plungers, as against most with only a single plunger. They are longer lasting.
- Technical Specifications: One important technical specification to look at is PSI or pounds per square inch, which refers to the amount of the pressure that can be produced by the equipment. Meanwhile, GPM or gallons per minute refers to how fast water will flow out of the unit. PSI and GPM will be indicative of power and performance.
- Ease of Use: You should read reviews from past users to determine if one product is easy to use. It must be easy to maneuver, which means that there should be well-designed tires. It also needs to have an ergonomic design, which will minimize fatigue that is associated with its use.
- Versatility: As the user, you need to have complete control of how the unit is used. There should be adjustments that are possible. Look for a model that comes with interchangeable nozzles and adjustable pressure so that you can choose which setting is most suited for a specific task.
Top commercial hot water pressure washers
Here are some of the products that you might want to include in your list of choices.
Simpson Cleaning PS4240H Pressure Washer
Made by one of the most trusted brands in the marketplace, this model delivers 4,200 PSI at a flow rate of 4GPM. The unit is gas-powered, which makes it more powerful compared to electric pressure washers. Another reason for its incredible cleaning performance is the Honda GX390 engine, which is part of the commercial series.
It is incorporated into an AAA triplex industrial plunger pump. There is an adjustable unloader, making it easy for you to customize the pressure depending on the demands of a specific task. It also has a thermal relief system, which provides protection from overheating.
The unit has 13-inch pneumatic tires, which is exactly why moving it around will require minimal effort on your end, even if the ground is rough.
With the 5 Pro Style Quick-Connect Nozzles, meanwhile, you can easily choose which nozzle is ideal for the task at hand.
NorthStar Pressure Washer Heater
This 4,000 PSI pressure washer has a flow rate of 4 GPM, which is ideal for many commercial cleaning applications. It also comes with a powerful diesel burner that can heat water to a temperature of up to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
It has a 15-amp motor. It is diesel-powered and has a fuel capacity of four gallons.
In terms of versatility, you will also like how the temperature of the water is completely adjustable, which will provide you with the freedom to have it customized based on what is needed for a specific job.
With the expensive price of this unit, however, it is important to note that it is not a stand-alone hot water pressure washer. Rather, it is an add-on unit that can upgrade your current pressure washer that uses cold water.
Shark SGP-353037 Commercial Pressure Washer
This is another hot water commercial pressure washer that is promising. It is gas-powered and has 3,000 PSI. It comes with an impressive heating coil, which makes it quick to heat water, and hence, makes it possible to accomplish the cleaning job in a snap.
You will also like the fact that there are five spray tips, making the pressure washer versatile for multiple applications. All of the spray tips are mounted on the unit so that you can have easy access to them. This will allow you to choose from different pressure levels.
This will also be a great pick if you are looking for peace of mind. The manufacturer is offering an extensive 7-year warranty for the pump. Meanwhile, the coil has a 3-year warranty and the parts are covered for one year.
Shark STP-352007A Pressure Washer
This is an electric-powered pressure washer that performs well in commercial applications. It only has 2,000 PSI, which is lower than most of its competitors with 4,000 PSI. The flow rate, on the other hand, is 3.5 GPM, as against most commercial pressure washers with 4 GPM.
Nonetheless, it is important to note while the pressure washer is powered by electricity, for the purpose of heating water, diesel is used.
In terms of portability, this is equipped with four small tires that are easy to maneuver. This is as against most of the competing models with only two tires.
Lastly, similar to the Shark commercial hot water pressure washer mentioned above, its pump has a 7-year warranty, three years for the coil, and one year for the other parts.
Simpson Cleaning MB1223 Pressure Washer
With only 1,200 PSI, this is the lowest in terms of pressure from the five products that have been identified in this post. For this reason, this is made specifically for small-scale commercial jobs. Nonetheless, with its 120-volt induction motor and Triplex pump, you can still expect exceptional performance from this product.
For versatility, this product is packaged with four quick-connect nozzles, which will be easy to change depending on what is required for a specific task. There is a 15, 25 and 40-degree nozzle, as well as one that is to be used for soap.
It also has a 25-foot high-pressure hose, which is long enough so that you do not have to be near the pressure washer all the time. Moving around, however, will not be a problem as it has two tires that will be effortless to maneuver.
With the top pressure washers that have been mentioned above, no commercial cleaning job will be too hard to accomplish. Take your pick from the products mentioned above, and for sure, you will get your money’s worth. They can be expensive, but given their quality and performance, you won’t regret spending your money on these products.