It is fun when you have dogs or cats at home until the time comes that you have to get rid of the hair that clings to the cars, hardwood floors, or other spaces.
Cleaning can give you a headache, especially if you are the type of person who lacks patience. To make things easier, you need to use a best cordless vacuum for pets that is designed specifically for dealing with pet hair.
Next, carefully consider and ask yourself the following questions:
- How big is your home or space you are going to vacuum up and how many pets you have or intend to have?
- What kind of floor is supposed to be cleaned, will you clean a car inside?
How long is the hair of your pets, what kind of hair they have?
- How many hard-to-reach places you have in the home?
- What kind of cleaner you prefer (upright, stick or handheld, cordless)?
When you have cleared up all those questions and are ready to buy a pet hair vacuum, pay attention to its suction power, a number of attachments and a capacity of a dirt bin. If your choice cordless vacuum, check its run time and the recharging time of a battery and especially it fits your budget.
- Our Top Pick Best Cordless Vacuum for Pet Hair 2020
- Dyson V7 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner BH50010
- Shark HV382 Rocket DuoClean Ultra-Light Corded with Hand Vacuum
- Black+Decker CHV1410L Cordless Handheld Vacuum
- BISSELL ICONpet Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- Tineco A11 Hero EX Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- APOSEN Cordless Handheld Vacuum for Home Hard Floor Carpet Car Pet H250
- Makita XLC02R1B Cordless Vacuum Kit
- Considerations When Buying a Cordless Vacuum for Pet Hair
- Different Ways to Manage Pet Hair
- Wrap Up
Our Top Pick Best Cordless Vacuum for Pet Hair 2020
The table below provides a quick summary of some of the models cordless vacuum for pets that you have to take into consideration. After the table, I will give you a quick look at the notable features that provide them with an edge over others in the competitive landscape.
|Image||Product name||Main features||Price|
|Dyson V7 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner||DIgital Motor V7, 30-minute fade-free suction, 2-tier radial cyclones||$$$|
|Black+Decker CHV1410L Cordless Hand Vacuum Cleaner||Smart Charge technology, lithium-ion battery, 2-year warranty||$|
|BISSELL ICONpet Cordless Stick Vacuum||LED light, 22-volt lithium-ion technology, suction squeegee technology||$$|
|Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner||Fade-free lithium-ion technology, Wind Tunnel technology, 2-year warranty||$$|
|Shark DuoClean Rocket Corded Ultralight Upright Vacuum||DuoClean technology, Multiflex technology, Smart Response technology||$$|
|APOSEN Cordless Vacuum Cleaner 18KPa||Micron filtration system, Ultra-quiet & 250W Powerful Suction, 2-year warranty||$$|
|Makita XLC02R1B Cordless Vacuum Kit||18-volt lithium-ion battery, 2-stage cloth filtration system, 15-minute continuous runtime||$|
Dyson V7 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Made by a brand that is trusted globally, you can never go wrong with this product. Dyson V7 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum is designed specifically for pet hairs on hardwood floors, making sure that it won’t cause damages on the surface.
Looking at its features, one of the most notable is the Digital V7 motor, which is the one that is responsible for its exceptional cleaning performance. It also comes with 2-tier 15-cyclone airflow system. It uses centrifugal force to make sure that even the tiniest traces of dirt won’t escape.
There are two power modes, which will offer excellent versatility. Under the MAX Mode, it can deliver high cleaning power for up to six minutes. Under the Powerful mode, on the other hand, it will clean longer under average power.
To add, the versatility of this unit can also be attributed to the fact that it quickly transforms into a handheld cleaner, which is perfect when you are cleaning the car or upholstery. There is also a combination tool for cleaning a variety of surfaces. It also has a crevice tool.
With a weight of only 5.28 pounds and 75 percent more brush bar power than the Dyson V6 cordless vacuum, it will be easy to use. Despite being lightweight, it comes with a powerful battery. It can be fully charged within 3.5 hours and the runtime under power mode is up to 30 minutes.
Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner BH50010
Cleaning does not need to be a problem with the use of this product. Among others, one thing that gives this an edge over others is the powered brush roll, which is also equipped with the Wind Tunnel Technology. This makes it easy to lift the pet hair on the surface, whether it is carpet or hardwood floor.
When it comes to ease of use, there is nothing that you should be worried about. It has intuitive controls, which are easy to access. It is also lightweight, so there is no problem when it comes to being user-friendly. The dirt cup is also easy to release. You will also love the battery gauge, making it easy to determine if there is a need to have it recharged.
It is also notable because of the LINX Cordless Fade-Free Lithium-Ion Battery. There are interchangeable batteries and you can expect that the power will not fade regardless of how tough the cleaning task is. HOOVER Linx BH50010 is best cordless vacuum for pet hair on hardwood floors under $150.
Shark HV382 Rocket DuoClean Ultra-Light Corded with Hand Vacuum
One of the best assets of this cordless vacuum cleaner is the DuoClean Technology. This means that there are two types of brushes. There is a bristle brush that is great for cleaning carpets and a soft brush, which will work well for hardwood floors.
Over the years, I’ve had a real love-hate relationship with vacuum cleaners. When I got my first apartment, I was very impressed with my selection of carpet sweeper, but it wasn’t very portable or easy to store because of its size.
Nowadays, I’ve really taken a liking to the more compact floor cleaners because they are easier to get in and out of our storage closet. This makes it easier to do a quick sweep at the end of every day instead of letting dust and dirt pile up. The one issue I’ve still had with these compact vacuums is that they have cords. This cord-free vacuum from Shark is just what I needed.
Using the vacuum is quite easy, too. The battery arrived with a small charge on it (one bar) so I plugged it in and started sweeping. The first area I did was a tile entryway that always seems to hide dirt in between the individual tile pieces.
The Shark did a great job of pulling up the hiding dirt without having to use any special attachments. After the entryway, I moved into our kitchen/dining room area and was amazed at how easily the Shark turned corners and slid beneath cabinets. It picked up everything from dry spaghetti to toothpicks. Finally, I moved on to the carpet in our living room and a small areas in our bedroom before the battery died.
Moving between surfaces is easy because it only takes a button push. The vacuum does a good job of not only picking up the dirt, but also being easy to store. Clean up meant cleaning off the front roller that trapped hairs and carpet fibers and emptying the dirt trap. I found that you actually have to remove the handheld vacuum segment from the wand in order to open the trap door for the dirt reservoir.
Black+Decker CHV1410L Cordless Handheld Vacuum
The cyclonic action is one of the best assets of this vacuum cleaner. The latter provides it with an exceptional suction, making it powerful enough to tackle almost any cleaning task. This also ensures that no pet hair will be left behind.
This corded handheld vacuum is always ready. This is because the battery can hold a charge for up to 18 months. More so, with the Smart Charge Technology, it will use energy that is 50% lesser compared to its leading competitors. It also has a lithium-ion battery, which allows it to function for an extended period.
Another good thing about this product is that it has versatile cleaning applications. It has a rotating slim nozzle that can be great for cleaning even tight surfaces. Even when cleaning under the furniture, you will not have difficulty.
With the translucent bowl, it will be easy to monitor the dirt that it has already collected. You will immediately know when there is a need to have it emptied. Lastly, the manufacturer is offering a warranty that lasts for two years.
The Black and Decker CHV1410L is a high quality best corded handheld vacuum and has more suction power than any other Dustbuster type device I have previously owned. I was a little reluctant about it not having a wall hanging charger, but after receiving this item, I like the base mount charger base better than any other device I reviewed.
The long snout reaches into hard to reach places that other type units could not reach. In addition, I love the blue LED charge light as it works extremely well for a night light in our laundry room where we keep it. Excellent Product and would highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in a portable vacuum device.
Pros: Cleans Edges/Corners Well, Easy to Use, Sturdy, Performs Well, Looks Great, Good for All Surfaces, Quiet, Strong Suction, Great Value, Good Size & Lightweight, Easy to Empty Filter, Lots of Features, Nice Design, great led charging/night light. With me Black and Decker CHV1410L is best cordless handheld vacuum for pet hair.
BISSELL ICONpet Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
The power of this vacuum cleaner comes from the 22-volt lithium-ion battery. When the battery is fully charged, it can run continuously for up to 20 minutes. This also delivers fade-free suction. It also has suction squeegee technology. It is a specialized floor nozzle that allows it to pick up even the tiniest pet hairs.
There are plenty of features as well that makes it almost effortless to use. For instance, the dirt tank can be emptied with ease. It is also clear, which means that you can easily see if it is already full. There is also a LED light that makes it easy to see the area that you are cleaning.
It comes with multiple tools and attachments, which will offer excellent versatility. It can be useful beyond just getting rid of pet hair. For instance, there is a built-in crevice tool, which will come handy for cleaning cars and furniture. It also has soft dusting brush, power brush tool, and upholstery cleaning tool.
This vacuum works decently for light vacuuming or for quick cleanups and spills . Personally, I have found that the BISSELL ICONpet works best for “touch up” vacuuming between regular vacuuming.
The BISSELL ICONpet does a decent job of picking up surface dirt, crumbs, tracked in grass and other things of this nature. Where it struggles is getting deeper down into the carpet, where a traditional plug-it-in-the-wall vacuum with an adjustable height setting can do so with ease.
Tineco A11 Hero EX Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
The Tineco A11 Hero is a powerful and versatile cordless stick vacuum but is quiet. The vacuum comes with a 450W motor that delivers 120AW of suction. For a cordless stick, that’s quite impressive. The abilities of the A11 Hero to clean is further enhanced by its 10″ wide powered brush roll, not just meant for pet hair, it also gets the grime and dirt embedded deep in your carpet and rugs.
Sometimes hair gets stuck in curtains and just lifting the machine is a tough task. The lightweight body of this design allows you to get up into the blinds and overhead lights with ease. The filtration system in this Tineco vacuum is fully sealed and locks in all the allergens/particles. No more sneezing!
The battery is a 2,500mAh lithium-ion, and the vacuum comes with a pair of these. Each battery powers the unit for about 30 minutes on the normal mode and 7 minutes when on the MAX mode. When combined, it means you can clean for 60 or 15 minutes non-stop depending on the speed that you choose.
The LEDs on the cleaning heads that allow the vacuum to be used in poorly lit places.
APOSEN Cordless Handheld Vacuum for Home Hard Floor Carpet Car Pet H250
The 18Kpa suction power of this vacuum cleaner is one reason why it is better compared to other models. In every full charge, the power of the battery can last up to 30 minutes. Despite being powerful, it is also lightweight, which makes it easy to move around.
It also features a micron filtration system. With the latter, no traces of dust will be able to escape, keeping the air clean. This is an effective way to avoid allergies.
Meanwhile, with the motor-driven brush roll, it can easily pick up debris, including pet hair, without any difficulty. This is especially great if you are cleaning carpets. It cleans deeply without damaging the materials.
It also comes with a two-year warranty from the manufacturer.
Makita XLC02R1B Cordless Vacuum Kit
If you are on the lookout for a budget-friendly alternative for a vacuum cleaner for pet hair, this is one that should be part of your list. The weight of the unit is only 2.7 pounds, which makes it lightweight enough. You can clean even for an extended period without easily getting tired.
For your convenience, it has a bagless design. It has a 2-stage filtration system, making it easy to get rid of dirt and dust.
When it comes to its performance, this cordless vacuum cleaner will not disappoint. When it is fully charged, it can run continuously for up to 15 minutes. It also charges three times faster compared to the battery that you can find in its leading competitors. The runtime, meanwhile, is 50% longer.
Considerations When Buying a Cordless Vacuum for Pet Hair
To make it easier to come up with the right choice, here are some of the most important things that you need to consider:
- Weight: You need to find one that is as lightweight as possible. This will make it easy to hold and move around. If the vacuum cleaner is too heavy, you will most probably have a hard time maneuvering it and you won’t easily feel tired.
- Filtration: The vacuum cleaner also needs to have effective filtration, which will make it easy to get rid of pet dander. This is especially important if you often suffer from allergic reactions.
- Battery: Cordless vacuum cleaners run on battery. With this, choose a battery that charges quickly. Once it is fully charged, the battery should run for an extended period. It is frustrating if it needs to be recharged frequently.
- Dustbin: It will be good if the vacuum cleaner comes with a dustbin with a transparent cover, making it easy to see if it is already full. If the bin is too small, you need to empty it frequently.
- Versatility: For the best value for money, you need to choose a product that is going to be multipurpose. It should have several attachments that will allow you to clean even under the furniture and stairs. A telescopic wand will also be good to make the vacuum cleaner versatile.
- Comfort: The vacuum cleaner needs to have an ergonomic design as well. This is especially true for the handle. It should have a contoured shape that will be easy to hold. Being lightweight also helps to make it comfortable.
- Performance: This is indicative of the power of the cordless vacuum cleaner. The best way to determine its performance is to read reviews from actual users of the product. It must be able to tackle even tough dirt and the tiniest pet hair without the need to exert too much effort on your end.
- Warranty: The standard warranty that is offered by most manufacturers is one year. The higher-end models, on the other hand, will have a warranty for two or more years. When the product gets defective, the manufacturer will have it repaired for free if it is still under warranty.
Different Ways to Manage Pet Hair
Cleaning with a cordless vacuum cleaner will help in managing pet hair at home, but it is a reactive measure. If you want to be proactive, here are some of the things that you need to do to manage pet hair:
- Use covers in the furniture and other places where your pet often stays. Remove the cover when you are not with your pet.
- Do not forget your grooming responsibilities. Find the time to give your pet a quick brush every night before you go to bed. As much as possible, do it outside so that the hair will not reach your furniture or carpet.
- You can also consider putting area rugs in the carpet, as well as in the doorway.
- Be wary of the foods that you give to your pets. Their diet will have a huge impact on the extent of shedding that they will experience. Consult with a veterinarian to know more about the best foods that you can give to your pets.
- Pay attention as well to the grooming tools and products that you will use. Similar to the case of humans, the wrong bath products can cause pet hair to shed.
The best cordless vacuum cleaner is an investment that every pet owner needs to have. It is a convenient way to clean your place as you won’t need to exert a lot of effort. However, take note that not all products are created the same. Pay attention to the products that have been mentioned above to make a purchase decision that you won’t regret.