If you love doing outdoor cleaning tasks, whether as a handyman or as a professional, you need to invest in a high-quality electric pressure washer. It is a power equipment that will make your life easier in more ways than one. They are not only affordable, but also user-friendly. Even if you are a beginner, cleaning does not have to be complicated.
In the rest of this post, I will help you search for the best electric pressure washer that is available on the market today. To help you narrow down the possibilities, I will provide a rundown of their most notable features, as well as some of their pros and cons.
- What Is The Best Electric Pressure Washer On The Market?
- 1. Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Max PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric High Pressure Washer, Cleans Cars/Fences/Patios
- 2. Karcher K1700 Electric Power Pressure Washer
- 3. GreenWorks GPW1501 1500 PSI 13 Amp 1.2 GPM Electric Pressure Washer
- 4. Sun Joe SPX3001 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5 AMP Electric Pressure Washer with Hose Reel
- 5. Briggs & Stratton S1700 1700 MAX PSI at 1.0 GPM Electric Pressure Washer with Detergent Injection, 26-Foot High-Pressure Hose, and Turbo Nozzle
- 6. PowRyte Elite Electric Pressure Washer
- 7. AR Blue Clean AR390SS Electric Pressure Washer
- 8. Realm 1500 PSI 1.50 GPM 11 Amp Electric Pressure Washer with Spray Gun
- 9. Karcher K5 Premium Electric Power Pressure Washer, 2000 PSI, 1.4 GPM
- 10. Stanley SLP2050 Electric Pressure Washer
- Benefits of an Electric Pressure Washer
- Uses of an Electric Pressure Washer
- Matching the Pressure Washer to Your Needs
- Essential Factors to Consider
- Safety Tips for Using Electric Pressure Washer
- Care and Maintenance
What Is The Best Electric Pressure Washer On The Market?
The table below shows some of the best options and a glimpse of the things that you can expect from them. The succeeding section, meanwhile, will provide an in-depth discussion of these products.
|Sun Joe SPX3000 Electric Pressure Washer||1.76 GPM||2,030 PSI||$$|
|Karcher K1700 Electric Power Pressure Washer||1.2 GPM||1,700 PSI||$|
|GreenWorks GPW1501 Electric Pressure Washer||1.2 GPM||1,500 PSI||$|
|Sun Joe SPX3001 2030 PSI Electric Pressure Washer||1.76 GPM||2,030 PSI||$$|
|Briggs & Stratton 20654 Electric Pressure Washer||1.3 GPM||1,700 PSI||$$|
|PowRyte Elite Electric Pressure Washer||1.8 GPM||2,100 PSI||$$$|
|AR Blue Clean AR390SS Electric Pressure Washer||1.4 GPM||2,000 PSI||$$$|
|Realm 1500 PSI 1.50 GPM 11 Amp Electric Pressure Washer||1.50 GPM||1,500 PSI||$|
|Karcher K5 Premium Electric Power Pressure Washer||1.4 GPM||2,000 PSI||$$$|
|Stanley SLP2050 Electric Pressure Washer||1.4 GPM||2,050 PSI||$$$|
1. Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Max PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric High Pressure Washer, Cleans Cars/Fences/Patios
With a 14.5-amp motor that delivers 1,800 watts, this is a powerful pressure washer that is perfect even for beginners. It can be used not only for home cleaning, but also for cars, boats, and RVs, among others.
Among its features, one that is worth noting is the dual detergent tank system, which makes it easier to use. Each tank has a .9-liter capacity. This means that you can use two detergents at a time and there is no hassle in switching from one to another.
The Total Stop System is another feature that is worth mentioning in this product, which is an exceptional safety feature. When you are not holding the trigger, the pump will automatically stop on its own. This will lengthen the life of the motor while also minimizing energy consumption.
For versatility, there are five quick-connect spray tips, which are easy to change depending on the specific cleaning application that you will complete. There are 0, 15, 25, and 40-degree spray tips, as well as one that is designed specifically for soap.
Lastly, the manufacturer is offering a limited warranty that lasts for two years, which should be enough to provide you with peace of mind.
2. Karcher K1700 Electric Power Pressure Washer
For most small-scale cleaning applications, this electric pressure washer will be more than enough for your needs. It has 1.2 GPM and 1,700 PSI. A universal motor is also included, making sure that it will be able to deliver reliable performance.
There are also many features that will ensure optimal convenience for the user. For instance, the on and off switch is foot-activated, which will be effortless to access. There is no need to bend over, and hence, it is more comfortable.
The storage bin is also an excellent feature in this product. This will provide you with adequate space to keep accessories and personal items within easy reach. It helps in the reduction of clutter and prevents damage to the items that are kept in the bin.
The on-board detergent storage tank is also a convenient feature. It has a capacity of half a gallon. It will be quite some time of cleaning before there is a need to refill soap.
To convince buyers to purchase this product, the manufacturer offers a three-year warranty. Plus, they also have a Rapid Exchange Program, which will allow you to enjoy hassle-free replacements when the product is defective.
3. GreenWorks GPW1501 1500 PSI 13 Amp 1.2 GPM Electric Pressure Washer
This is one of the best choices that I can personally recommend to people who are looking for a beginner-friendly pressure washer with a price that does not hurt the pocket. It has a straightforward design, although it is missing some features that could have been good for your convenience.
Aside from the price, one more thing that is great about this product is the fact that it can be used either horizontally or vertically. Regardless of the orientation at which it is used, you can be assured that it will remain stable.
To deliver the power that is needed for the most common cleaning applications, it has a 13-amp universal motor, which is also water-resistant. This improves not only its consistency, but also its longevity.
There are also quick-connect nozzles that are included. You can choose from 25 and 40-degree nozzles, although this is fewer compared to others with four to five nozzles for different jobs.
Lastly, the manufacturer is a proud member of Pressure Washers Manufacturers’ Association. This also means that it has passed a Performance Verification Program, which is an assurance of the product’s top-notch quality.
4. Sun Joe SPX3001 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5 AMP Electric Pressure Washer with Hose Reel
With 2,030 PSI, 1.76 GPM, and a 14.5-amp motor, there is no doubt that this pressure washer is made to deliver superior cleaning performance. Whether it is for cars, patios, decks, trucks, and driveways, among others, this can be your reliable cleaning companion.
This is also a multipurpose pressure washer. Regardless of the cleaning task that you wish to complete, it has you covered. The package is inclusive of five interchangeable nozzles for low and high-pressure cleaning. A turbo wand is also included.
Another feature that you will love in this product is the self-suction, which will make it possible to use even standing water when there is no garden hose.
For safety, the pressure washer comes with Total Stop System Technology. When the trigger is not engaged, the motor will turn off automatically, which will save energy and prolong its functional life.
Looking for a pressure washer that is easy to use? You have another good reason to pick this product. Right out of the box, the assembly will require only 30 seconds.
5. Briggs & Stratton S1700 1700 MAX PSI at 1.0 GPM Electric Pressure Washer with Detergent Injection, 26-Foot High-Pressure Hose, and Turbo Nozzle
For small to medium-duty cleaning applications, this is an excellent choice for an electric pressure washer. Looking at its technical specifications, it has 1,700 PSI and 1.0 GPM.
One of the notable features in this product is the Instant Start/Stop System. This means that the motor will only run when the trigger is activated. If it is not engaged, the motor will stop. This is highly-beneficial in terms of improving the lifespan of the motor while also lessening the amount of energy that is consumed.
For versatility, the manufacturer provides three quick-connect sprays. There is one spray tip for a cleaning solution and the other two are for 0 and 25 degrees of spray pattern that can result in precise cleaning.
It is also worth noting that it has a high-pressure hose with a length of 26 feet. This will allow you to clean even if you are far from the unit, providing you with the freedom to move. Even if you need to move the unit, there should be no problem as it has wheels and it is lightweight.
6. PowRyte Elite Electric Pressure Washer
For most residential cleaning tasks, this electric pressure washer does the job. This is possible because of its 2,100 PSI and 1.8 GPM. It is more expensive than the options mentioned above, but with its power, the price can be justified.
Taking a look at its features, one that I would like to commend is the 1,600-watt motor. This is one of the reasons why the performance is hard to rival. This power is packed in a product that is lightweight and compact.
This electric pressure washer has two 16-inch wheels, which can tread almost any surface. Having it maneuvered will be easy on your end. To make it even more convenient for the user, it comes with a long handle, which is comfortable to hold even for an extended period.
For versatile cleaning applications, a quick-connect spray is also included in this pressure washer. Aside from the 30-degree nozzle, a turbo nozzle is also included. More so, there is a .21-gallon on-board detergent tank.
Lastly, like most of the top pressure washers, there is also Total Stop System to automatically stop the motor when you are not holding the trigger.
7. AR Blue Clean AR390SS Electric Pressure Washer
This model delivers 1.4 GPM and 2,000 PSI of cleaning power. The reliable performance of this pressure washer can be attributed to a lot of things, but mostly to its 14-amp and 1.6 HP universal motor, which makes it effortless to accomplish different jobs.
To be able to save energy and to prolong the life of the motor, there is a Total Stop System. This automates the stopping of the motor based on the activation of the trigger.
Looking at the components of the pressure washer, it has a 30-foot high-pressure hose, which is made of rubber. The material that is used in the hose, however, can be too stiff, which is why reeling the hose can require quite an effort.
There is also a 35-foot power cord. You can work freely even when far from the source of power, which will provide you with the freedom to move, especially when you are cleaning a large area.
Lastly, there is also one-year bumper-to-bumper warranty. This is pretty much the standard warranty duration, but some products mentioned above have better and longer warranty coverage.
8. Realm 1500 PSI 1.50 GPM 11 Amp Electric Pressure Washer with Spray Gun
If the pressure washer that you need is one that can do small-duty cleaning, this is more than enough. It has 1.5 GPM, 1,500 PSI, and a 11-amp motor, which is the perfect formula if you are looking for a household cleaning equipment.
One of the best things about this product is the lack of complications. Even if you are a beginner, using this is sure to be easy. The design is quite straightforward. Plus, it is also lightweight and compact, which makes it easy to move around.
You do not need to have the technical knowledge to figure out how the unit is assembled. Right out of the box, it is almost ready to be used. The attachments are so simple. Based on the manual from the manufacturer, the assembly can be completed in less than one minute.
Another good thing about this pressure washer is that you can use it either in vertical or horizontal orientation. Regardless of its position, you can be confident that it will remain stable as you complete the cleaning task.
9. Karcher K5 Premium Electric Power Pressure Washer, 2000 PSI, 1.4 GPM
This is one of the most expensive options for the products that have been briefly mentioned in this post. The cost, however, can be justified because of its powerful performance. It has up to 2,000 PSI and 1.4 GPM.
Another thing that makes it worthy of its high price is the fact that it is multifunctional. It has attachments and accessories that will allow you to use it in different ways. There is a multifunction and turbo nozzle. There is also a soap dispenser, which can be adjusted based on your liking. Best of all, there is a spinning patio cleaner.
For the longevity of the internal components, it should also be noted that it is designed with an overheat sensor. The motor will shut down on its own if the sensor is able to detect a surge in temperature. It will turn on only when the temperature is safe enough for the washer to be used again.
Lastly, there is also an on-board storage in the unit. This means that all accessories will be handy, providing you with easy access to the things that you will need when cleaning.
10. Stanley SLP2050 Electric Pressure Washer
This is another product that comes at a price that can discourage many buyers. However, to be convinced that this is what you need, just look at its technical details. With 2,050 PSI, this is a powerful washer.
One thing that makes it unique compared to most of the options in the competitive landscape is the fact that it comes with a 2-in-1 design. This can be used with the included cart, which is excellent in terms of maneuverability. It can also function as a stand-alone unit. A wall-mount kit can even be used, although such should be purchased separately.
Like the unit itself, the accessories are also evident of exceptional quality. There is a 25-foot soft and flexible hose, which will allow you to work without having to be near the washer all the time. There are also nozzles in the kit, including one that is exclusive to be used for soap. The soap dispenser, on the other hand, has a capacity of 28 ounces.
Lastly, the manufacturer is offering a warranty for two years. Within such duration, you are covered against defects and you can have peace of mind.
Benefits of an Electric Pressure Washer
Here are some of the benefits that can convince you to make this the next equipment that you will invest in:
- They Operate Quietly: Compared to using a gas-pressure washer, an electric pressure washer does not produce noise that is as loud. This means that you can work in peace and without being a distraction within the neighborhood.
- Good for the Environment: To minimize harmful impacts of your actions to the environment, an electric pressure washer will help. Unlike its gas counterparts, it does not produce toxic fumes.
- Easy to Use: There is no need to feel intimidated, even if you are a novice in using such an equipment. Most of them have a straightforward design. They are also lightweight and portable for ease of moving around as you clean. You can also easily start the motor with a flip of a switch.
- Minimal Maintenance: This is another benefit that can be apparent when it is compared to gas-powered counterparts. The electric models are not too demanding in terms of upkeep, making them more user-friendly.
- Versatile Cleaning Applications: Another good reason to invest in an electric pressure washer is the fact that it is a multipurpose equipment. From cleaning trucks to the patios, it is the ultimate cleaning companion that you need to have.
Uses of an Electric Pressure Washer
Looking for more reasons to be convinced that an electric pressure washer is a must-have? Here are some of its uses that will make you realize that you actually need one:
- Car and Trucks: One of the most popular applications of washers would be for cleaning vehicles. The pressure can be effective in getting rid of mud and grime that can be attached to the surface, such as the tires and the engine.
- Grills: Do you often host barbecue parties at home? If you have a grill, you will notice that there are thick black particles that can lessen efficiency. A pressure washer will help you to get rid of it.
- Outdoor Furniture: Whether it is wood, vinyl, plastic, or any other material, cleaning outdoor furniture will be a lot easier with a pressure washer.
- Fence: You can instantly make the yard more attractive by cleaning the fence. Over time, it can attract dirt and dust, which can also lead to discoloration. A pressure washer will be effective in cleaning the fence.
- Walls, Decks, Patios, and Driveways: With a pressure washer, it will be easier to remove stubborn dirt on the surfaces and to restore the look of some parts of the house. Even for the exterior walls of the house, it performs a thorough cleaning.
Matching the Pressure Washer to Your Needs
Before I discuss some of the things to consider when buying, let us first have a look at how you can find the equipment that is perfect for your needs. You need to determine the intended use of the washer so that you can identify the power and pressure that are appropriate for your needs.
There are two important things that will require your attention – PSI and GPM. PSI or pounds per square inch is simply the measurement of pressure. GPM, on the other hand, stands for gallons per minute, which is a measurement of the water output or the flow rate. Both, not only one of them, are important when choosing the right option.
A higher PSI and GPM would mean that the product is more powerful. Consequently, the more powerful options also tend to be the more expensive. Most of the electric pressure washers have 1,500 to 2,500 PSI. For light cleaning tasks, 1,000 PSI will be enough. For medium to heavy-duty tasks, on the other hand, more than 2,000 PSI is ideal.
Aside from the PSI and GPM, you also have to look at the details concerning the motor. To enjoy the best cleaning performance, choose one that has 12 to 15-amp motor, which will be sufficient for most cleaning applications.
Essential Factors to Consider
To make it easier for you to narrow down the options that are available in the marketplace, here are some of the most important things that you have to take into account:
- Size and Weight: A lot of people would prefer one that is lightweight and compact. Aside from being space-efficient when kept in the storage room, they are also effortless to maneuver. They can even be portable, which is beneficial for pros who are paid to do cleaning jobs in different places.
- Nozzle: Choose one that comes with interchangeable and multifunctional nozzles. You must be able to adjust the spray tips depending on what is required for a specific task. The nozzles must also fit nicely so that water will not end up leaking on the side.
- Materials: Look at the overall construction of the pressure washer and see to it that it is made from high-quality materials. Especially the hose, it must withstand high-pressure and should not be easily prone to wear.
- Ease of Use: There should also be features that are indicative of being user-friendly. For instance, it will be nice if there is a foot-activated on/off switch. Dual detergent tanks and on-board storage will also be great.
- Warranty: Within the specified warranty coverage, the manufacturer can offer free repair or replacement of the product, depending on the terms and conditions that have been specified. One of the pre-requisites is that the problem must not be a result of your negligence.
- Reviews: To help you arrive at a decision that you will never regret, you should take the time to read reviews and experiences of other people. Pay attention to what they are saying and it will be easier to trim down your list of choices.
Safety Tips for Using Electric Pressure Washer
Your safety should be your priority. With this, below are some of the things that you need to do to ensure safety:
- Read the manual and always follow the instructions from the manufacturer. Different companies may have varying methods of ensuring the safety of their products, so you must be aware of these things.
- See to it that the surface is stable. When the ground is uneven, there is a likelihood that the pressure washer will lose its balance.
- Look for a pressure washer with exceptional safety features. For instance, it will be great if the motor automatically stops when you are not holding the trigger. To add, there should also be protection from overheating.
- It also pays to be aware of your surroundings before you start to clean. See to it that there are no kids or pet. There should also be no electrical wires or anything that should not get wet or that can be easily damaged by high pressure.
- Before you start working, it will also be good to wear personal protective equipment, such as gloves and goggles.
- Turn it on only when you are ready to clean. Point the wand directly to where there is dirt. Do not point it to another person.
Care and Maintenance
To make sure that your unit will withstand the test of time without compromising performance, here are some of the most important things to keep in mind:
- Before storing the unit, see to it that there is no water left. Run the motor until the water completely exits the pump. Even the soap tanks, make sure that there is no detergent left.
- When you are not using the equipment, unplug it from the source of power. Store it in a place that is dry and cool.
- The manufacturer provides specific instructions on how to take care of different models. Make sure to follow it religiously.
- At least once in a year, inspect the different parts of the pressure washer. Routine maintenance is needed to avoid costlier repairs and to ensure the optimal functionality of the equipment.
At this point, I hope that looking for an electric pressure washer is now an easier task for you. Sure, the choices will be almost endless. Almost every manufacturer will claim that they are the best. However, do not just believe what they are saying. You need to be responsible to differentiate the possibilities and decide which one is worth your money.