With a pressure washer, it will be almost effortless to get rid of dirt and grime on surfaces. Whether you are cleaning your vehicle or the patio, among others, it can make your life a lot easier. It is not only for professional cleaners but also for DIY enthusiasts. While they can indeed be powerful, this will all depend on which brand and model you will choose.
In the rest of this post, I will provide you with a concise guide on how to choose the best gas pressure washer in 2021 that is available on the market today. I will give you a rundown of their exceptional features, including their pros and cons. In the end, I hope that it will be easier for you to decide what to buy.
- Benefits of Using Gas Pressure Washer
- How to Choose a Gas Pressure Washer
- What Is The Best Gas Pressure Washer To Buy?
- 1. WEN PW3100 3100 PSI 2.5 GPM 208cc Gas Pressure Washer
- 2. Westinghouse WPX3200 Gas Powered Pressure Washer 3200 PSI and 2.5 GPM, Soap Tank and Five Nozzle Set, CARB Compliant
- 3. Pressure Pro E3027HC Heavy Duty Professional 2,700 PSI 3.0 GPM Honda Gas Powered Pressure Washer With CAT Pump
- 4. Briggs & Stratton 3100 MAX PSI at 2.1 GPM Gas Pressure Washer
- 5. Generac 6923 3,100 PSI, 2.4 GPM, Gas Powered Pressure Washer
- 6. Simpson Cleaning MSH3125-S Gas Pressure Washer
- 7. Duromax XP2700PWS Gas Pressure Washer
- 8. A-iPower APW2700C Gas Powered Pressure Washer 2700 PSI and 2.3 GPM 7HP
- 9. Westinghouse WPX2700 Gas Powered Pressure Washer 2700 PSI and 2.3 GPM
- 10. SIMPSON Cleaning PS3228 PowerShot Gas Pressure Washer Powered by Honda GX200, 3300 PSI at 2.5 GPM
Benefits of Using Gas Pressure Washer
Here are some of the good things that you can expect from using a pressure washer that is powered by gas:
- Powerful: This is perhaps the best thing about using this type of pressure washer. It is more powerful compared to their electric counterparts, and hence, it will be useful even in the most demanding cleaning jobs.
- Portable: With an electric pressure washer, you need to be near the source of power, and hence, your movements will be limited. With gas, on the other hand, you can move around easily because there is no cord that will limit you. It can be quite heavy, but with well-designed wheels, the difficulty of having it maneuvered can be minimized.
- Cost-Savings: Electric pressure washers can consume a lot of energy and will be expensive to run. The gas pressure washers, on the other hand, will be more budget-friendly since gas is cheap.
- Versatile: Another thing to love about gas pressure washers is that they can handle almost any task, big or small. Especially the more powerful ones, they can be used even for commercial and industrial applications
How to Choose a Gas Pressure Washer
When looking for the best on the market, here are some of the things that you should take into consideration:
- Cleaning Power: There are two things that will determine the cleaning power of a pressure washer. First is the PSI or pounds per square inch and the second is GPM or gallons per minute. They refer to the force and the amount of water that goes out of the pressure washer when it is used for cleaning.
- Durability: To be provided with the best value for money, you need to evaluate the materials that are used. See to it that they will be able to withstand frequent and long-term use, especially if it is to be used for commercial applications.
- Capacity: You also need to consider how much the gas tank can handle at full capacity. A bigger tank is great since there is no need to refill often, but keep in mind that this is going to add weight to the unit.
- Noise: Gas pressure washers are known for producing a loud noise. Still, some models are quieter than the others. Look at the decibels when evaluating the technical specifications. A lower number would mean that it is quieter.
- Ease of Use: A lot of gas pressure washers will require you to pull a cord to start the motor. Look for one that comes with a push-button start, which means that it will require lesser effort on your end.
What Is The Best Gas Pressure Washer To Buy?
In this section, we will look at some of the best brands and models that should definitely be part of your list of choices.
1. WEN PW3100 3100 PSI 2.5 GPM 208cc Gas Pressure Washer
The powerful performance of this gas pressure washer can be attributed to a lot of things, but mostly to its 208cc 4-stroke OHV engine, which has the ability to pump water at a flow rate of 2.5 GPM and force of 3,100 PSI.
To offer versatility, it comes with five quick-connect nozzles, making it useful for a wide array of cleaning tasks. You can choose from 0, 15, 25, 40-degree and soap nozzles.
It can be quite heavy, but moving the unit is easier with the 12-inch tire that can perform effortlessly even on tough terrains. However, there are some users who reported that the wheel can often get stuck and it is not as visible.
The on-board soap tank is also a great feature. It is easy to fill with your choice of detergent and given its capacity, it will take quite some time before it needs a refill.
Lastly, it will also be good to know that the manufacturer is offering a 2-year warranty, which will provide you with peace of mind.
2. Westinghouse WPX3200 Gas Powered Pressure Washer 3200 PSI and 2.5 GPM, Soap Tank and Five Nozzle Set, CARB Compliant
The engine is one of the most important parts of any pressure washer, which will be influential in its overall performance. In the case of this model, it comes with a Heavy Duty Gas Powered 212cc 4-Stroke Westinghouse OHV Horizontal Shaft Engine with Recoil Start with 3,200 PSI, and 2.5 GPM.
To make it easy to move around, the unit comes with 10-inch tires that never get flat. There is no need to worry about having it replaced or inflated throughout its functional life. The tires can also effortlessly tread even rough surfaces.
Regardless of the cleaning job that you wish to do, this will prove to be a handy equipment to have. You can choose from three quick-connect spray nozzles, plus there is an extra one that is meant to be exclusively used for soap.
The folding handle is also a nice feature in this pressure washer. This significantly reduces its height, and hence, makes it consume lesser space in the storage room.
This pressure washer is an excellent value for the price. I used it the first weekend I received it to pressure wash the decks and windows, the unit performed flawlessly. Appears well built and rugged for the price point. The only problem is the storage of the hose and the cord. For the price point, having a retractable cord or a spool for pressure washing hose would have been ideal; however, without these features, the unit is still a value and results in a very small overall size for easy storage in the garage.
3. Pressure Pro E3027HC Heavy Duty Professional 2,700 PSI 3.0 GPM Honda Gas Powered Pressure Washer With CAT Pump
The first thing that most people would notice in this product is the insanely high price. Nonetheless, if you look at the technical details, it will be worth the price. It has a 6.5 HP Honda GX200 engine, which is one of the best in the market. Even if it delivers a lot of power, it is relatively quiet compared to other gas-powered pressure washers.
Aside from the engine, another thing worth noting is the triplex plunger pump from CAT. This pump is responsible for preventing the unit from absorbing too much air, which is also one of the reasons why it runs quietly and smoothly.
To add, it is also a good thing that there is a thermos sensor, which prevents overheating, and hence, it prolongs the lifespan of the internal components of the pressure washer.
In terms of construction, the frame is made from an aircraft-grade aluminum frame. It combines the benefit of having minimal weight while being long-lasting.
4. Briggs & Stratton 3100 MAX PSI at 2.1 GPM Gas Pressure Washer
The brand name of this product is already enough to provide you with an assurance that it can deliver unrivaled performance. It comes with an 875EXi series engine, which is the one that makes it able to perform beyond the competition.
To be user-friendly, there is an easy-start pump. This is better than most models wherein you will need to exert a lot of effort to start the unit. With the Ready Start Technology, it is no longer necessary to prime or choke.
Another notable feature of this product is Just Check & Add, which means that there is no more need to change oil throughout the useful life of the pressure washer. It removes the hassle associated with the maintenance of the unit.
For durability, there is a steel base, which the manufacturer claims to be two times stronger compared to most of their competitors.
There is also an on-board detergent tank, which is another reason why it is user-friendly. It has ½ gallon capacity.
5. Generac 6923 3,100 PSI, 2.4 GPM, Gas Powered Pressure Washer
With this gas pressure washer, you can expect 3,100 PSI and 2.4 GPM. It comes fitted with a Generac OHV horizontal shaft engine that delivers exceptional cleaning performance, along with its pump.
It may be gas-powered, but this does not mean that the mobility of the unit is compromised. There are never-flat wheels that can be used even on rough grounds. Pushing the washer will be almost effortless on your end.
To make it even easier to use, the manufacturer has also emphasized ergonomics. For instance, the handle comes with a cushioned grip, which makes it easy to hold and reduces vibration. Even if you have to work for an extended period, this can help to significantly minimize fatigue.
When it comes to changing nozzles, it does not have to be complicated. There are four nozzle tips that are included, which are perfect for a wide array of tasks that you have to complete. There is also a tank that is incorporated onboard the unit.
6. Simpson Cleaning MSH3125-S Gas Pressure Washer
There is no denying that this is one of the most powerful options that you can find within the product category. It produces a flow rate of 2.5 GPM and has a force of 3,100 PSI. It comes with a Honda engine, which is one of the most trusted brands.
Among its other parts, the hose is one of the most notable, especially because it can resist kink and abrasion. It is flexible, lightweight, and handles even high-pressure, providing you with the assurance that it will deliver peak functionality even in the years to come.
It is also long-lasting. Looking at its parts, aside from the hose, they are all made from exceptional materials. The pneumatic 10-inch tires, for instance, are guaranteed to withstand wear. The frame has welded steel construction to make it last long.
For your peace of mind, the product comes with an extensive warranty coverage. There is a two-year limited consumer warranty. The pump is covered for one year and the frame is covered for five years.
7. Duromax XP2700PWS Gas Pressure Washer
Among others, one of the well-loved features of this pressure washer is the 5HP engine that comes with low oil shutdown. This makes it useful for many household cleaning tasks, although power can be quite limited for commercial applications. It has 2,700 PSI and 2.3 GPM.
There are also several connectors that are included and changing them is sure to be a piece of cake. There is also a soap applicator. With the nozzles that are included, you can do a wide array of cleaning jobs.
For your convenience, there is an on-board storage, providing you with easy access to the things that will be needed as you clean. The spray gun is positioned in such a way that accessing it will be a snap for you.
The cushioned grip on the handle is also a plus. With the latter, fatigue is reduced at a significant rate since you will not feel much of the vibration, especially when working for an extended period. In the same way, the trigger is also easy to pull, which is another thing that makes it user-friendly.
8. A-iPower APW2700C Gas Powered Pressure Washer 2700 PSI and 2.3 GPM 7HP
With 2,700 PSI and 2,3 GPM, this is far from being the most powerful from the products that have been briefly reviewed in this post. Nonetheless, given the fact that it comes with a OHV 196cc/6. 5 HP gasoline engine, you can expect that it will perform well in small to medium-duty cleaning jobs.
One thing worth highlighting about this model is the presence of four pro-style nozzles, which offer versatility. There are different spray patterns that are available so that you can choose which one is appropriate for a given task.
It is also exceptional because of the 8-inch tires that will never go flat, even after many years of tough use. There is no need to have it inflated. You also need not worry that it will burst when it gets in contact with a sharp object on the ground.
Lastly, when it comes to storage, you have another good reason to love this product. Once folded, its size is greatly reduced, which makes it space-efficient.
9. Westinghouse WPX2700 Gas Powered Pressure Washer 2700 PSI and 2.3 GPM
With a 212cc 4-Stroke Westinghouse OHV Horizontal Shaft Engine with Recoil Start, this pressure washer produces 2,700 PSI and a flow rate of 2,3 GPM. Like the product that has been mentioned above, given its force and pressure, it will be best to limit its use to small and medium-duty tasks.
One of the things that you will love about this product is the axial pump, which is known not only for its reliable performance, but also for its longevity.
For your convenience, the unit also comes with an on-board storage that will make it easy to access the accessories that you will need when you clean, including the hose and the nozzles.
Like the models that have been mentioned above, there are also quick connect nozzles, although there are only four, 0 degrees, 25 degrees, 40 degrees, and a soap applicator.
10. SIMPSON Cleaning PS3228 PowerShot Gas Pressure Washer Powered by Honda GX200, 3300 PSI at 2.5 GPM
With a Honda GX200 engine, you can expect nothing but reliable performance from this product. It has a force of 3,300 PSI and a flow rate of 2.5 GPM. The axial cam pump is also exceptional, especially because it is not demanding in terms of maintenance.
The AAA Industrial triplex plunger pump w/ PowerBoost Technology is one feature that differentiates it from most of the gas pressure washers that you can find on the market. It requires low effort to start the unit.
The adjustable pressure regulator is also one feature that you will love. With the latter, it will be easy to customize the pressure of water depending on what is suitable for the cleaning job that you intend to complete.
Indeed, a pressure washer is a must-have if you love cleaning and if you do it for a living. Those that are powered by gas are perfect for people with more demanding needs. Compared to their electric counterparts, the gas pressure washers are more powerful.