Keeping your car spotless can be challenging if you do not have the right equipment on hand. Among others, one that can prove to be useful is the best handheld vacuum for cars and home.
They are compact, lightweight, and most importantly, effective in getting rid of dirt and dust that the naked eye cannot see. It is the best cleaning companion every car owner can have!
With too many options that are available for a cordless car vacuum cleaner, which one is best to buy? Keep on reading and we’ll help you to come up with the right pick.
Price should not be the main factor to consider. Instead, emphasis should be on the performance and overall quality of the product, making sure that it does exactly what it is expected to do!
- Our Top Picks Best Handheld Vacuum for Cars and Pet Hair In 2020
- Black+ Decker BDH2000PL 20V Max Cordless Handheld Vacuum
- Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Lithium-Ion Cordless Hand Vacuum
- Shark Pet-Perfect II Cordless Bagless Hand Vacuum
- Dyson V7 Trigger Cord-Free Handheld Vacuum
- Black+Decker CHV1410L Cordless Lithium Hand Vac
- Hoover Air Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- Black+Decker HHVI320JR02 Dust Buster Cordless Handheld Vacuum
- Holife 6KPA Hand Vacuum Cleaner
- Bissell 1985 Cordless Hand and Car Vacuum
- Homasy Rechargeable Handheld Vacuum
- How to Buy Vacuum Cleaner for Cars?
- A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Vacuum your Car?
- How To Care and Maintenance for Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
Our Top Picks Best Handheld Vacuum for Cars and Pet Hair In 2020
To start with, below are some of the products that should be a part of your list and some of the things that make them exceptional.
Black+ Decker BDH2000PL 20V Max Cordless Handheld Vacuum
This is another proof that Black+Decker is a brand that is indeed ahead of its game. The exclusive pivoting nozzle is one of its exceptional features. This makes it easy to clean areas that are hard to reach, such as under the car seats.
There are also on-board tools that are included to make it versatile. Meanwhile, with the 20V high-performance motor, expect that it will deliver suction-free cleaning. It also comes with a convenient charging base to keep the vacuum cleaner charged when it is not used.
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Lithium-Ion Cordless Hand Vacuum
This is a car vacuum cleaner that will be well-appreciated by pet owners. It is designed specifically to get rid even of the tiniest pet hair lurking in the car. It is powered by a 14-volt lithium battery.
It also comes with triple filtration mechanism to improve its cleaning performance. Plus, there are versatile cleaning tools that are included to make it versatile. There is also a large and transparent dustbin that is effortless to empty.
Shark Pet-Perfect II Cordless Bagless Hand Vacuum
Among others, one thing that makes this a notable option is the innovative twister suction technology. Despite the compact body, it has an unrivaled suction power that allows it to get rid of the pet hair in the car.
There is a motorized pet brush that will be great for cleaning the car seats and floor. The crevice tool, on the other hand, will be great for cleaning areas that are hard to reach.
Dyson V7 Trigger Cord-Free Handheld Vacuum
Lightweight but powerful – this is what you can expect from this all-around vacuum that you can use even in your car. One of its highlights is the V7 Dyson digital motor, which has been designed exclusively by the manufacturer.
Its battery, meanwhile, can deliver fade-free cleaning for up to 30 minutes. There is also a hygienic dirt ejector that makes it user-friendly. For versatility, there are multiple accessories that come with the kit, including a crevice tool, mini motorized tool, and combination tool. Lastly, the vacuum comes with a two-year warranty from the manufacturer.
Black+Decker CHV1410L Cordless Lithium Hand Vac
You can never go wrong with this cordless vacuum, made by one of the most trusted brands in the market. Among others, one of its best features is the lithium-ion technology, providing it with an exceptional battery, which can hold a charge for up to 18 months.
Meanwhile, with the Smart Charge Technology, it charges while using 50% less energy compared to others. It also has the cyclonic action, which provides it with a powerful cleaning performance. With the clear bag, you can easily see the dirt to know when it is time to have it emptied. There is also a 2-year warranty from the manufacturer.
Hoover Air Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
With the 20-volt lithium battery that powers this handheld vacuum, you can be confident that it can indeed perform beyond your expectations. It comes with powered turbo tool and a crevice tool for multipurpose cleaning beyond vacuuming the car.
Meanwhile, the dirt cup has 7-liter capacity and comes with a transparent housing. There is also an ergonomic handle so that you can grip it easily and comfortably. Plus, it comes with a reusable easy-rinse filter. As for the warranty, it is covered for two years.
Black+Decker HHVI320JR02 Dust Buster Cordless Handheld Vacuum
This is another Black+Decker vacuum that deserves a spot on our list. It also has a lithium battery for a powerful and fade-free cleaning performance. There is a convenient wall mount that makes it easy to store.
There is also a washable filter, which makes the vacuum economical in the long run. Plus, there is a transparent bowl that easily lets you know when it is already full of dirt. Meanwhile, there is also a pull-out crevice tool, which will be useful in cleaning areas of the car that are hard to reach. The rotating nozzle will also come handy in such situations.
Holife 6KPA Hand Vacuum Cleaner
If you are looking for an affordable hand-held vacuum that does not compromise performance, this is one option that should be on the top of the list. The vacuum weighs only 3.27 pounds and has an ergonomic handle to prioritize your comfort and lessen fatigue. It offers 3-in-1 versatility.
There are three attachments that you can use for different cleaning functions, not just for vacuuming the car. There is a crevice tool, dusting brush, and liquid nozzle. It also has a strong cyclonic suction to suck even the tiniest traces of dirt. Lastly, the vacuum comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 12-month warranty.
Bissell 1985 Cordless Hand and Car Vacuum
One of the highlights of this handheld vacuum is the 22-volt lithium-ion technology, which can provide fade-free power that lasts up to 14 minutes. The battery takes about five hours to be fully charged. The battery can also be removed from the unit, offering flexible options for charging.
There are also several accessories that are included to make it functional beyond vacuuming the car. There is a dusting brush, extension hose and wand, and motorized brush roll. There is also an easy mechanism for emptying the dustbin once it is full.
Homasy Rechargeable Handheld Vacuum
Not all of the powerful vacuum cleaners need to be expensive. This product is a proof of such. It has an ergonomic 65-degree sloping design, which minimizes fatigue when you are vacuuming as it ensures your highest level of comfort.
There are also three versatile attachments that are included in the kit. Meanwhile, it is powered by a 2200 mAh battery that can deliver up to 30 minutes of cleaning. Lastly, there is a risk-free trial for 45 days. If you are unhappy, you can get a full refund from the manufacturer. It also comes with a 2-year warranty.
How to Buy Vacuum Cleaner for Cars?
To narrow down the possibilities and end up making the right choice, here are some of the most important things you have to take into consideration:
- Weight: Obviously, the best choice would be one that comes with a lightweight body. No one wants to be burdened with a heavy vacuum cleaner. It must be comfortable for you to hold and should not easily make you feel fatigued, especially when cleaning for an extended period.
- Motor: It is important to take a look at the motor because of the direct impact on the performance of the vacuum cleaner. The motor should be powerful enough to deliver a strong suction, making sure that no traces of dirt and dust will be able to escape.
- Battery: The vacuum’s battery must be able to deliver fade-free suction. Lithium-ion battery is the best. In the case of most models, when fully charged, the battery will last for 20 to 30 minutes. See to it as well that it does not take too long before the battery is charged.
- Dustbin: Because handheld cordless car vacuums are lightweight and compact, the dustbin is also usually small. More often than not, the capacity is less than one liter. The dirt cup must be easy to empty. It will also be good if it comes with a transparent body so that you can easily see if it is already full.
- Versatility: For the handheld vacuum to be versatile, it is necessary that it comes with multiple accessories and attachments that will be useful beyond cleaning cars. Most vacuums will come with a motorized brush and a crevice tool.
- Noise: When you are vacuuming cars, noise can be distracting and annoying. With this, you also have to choose a handheld vacuum cleaner that is powerful without producing a sound that is too loud when cleaning.
- Warranty: Most of the products mentioned in this post have a warranty that lasts for one to three years. When it is under the warranty, it is covered against defects and problems with craftsmanship in accordance with the terms and conditions specified by the manufacturer.
If you travel a lot, or just want a convenient vacuum for cleaning your car, a 12v vac could be a great choice. But if you want to search vacuum cleaner for car and home I thinks a 20v vac could be a best choice.
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Vacuum your Car?
For the best outcomes, here are the simple steps that you have to follow when vacuuming your car:
- Start by opening the doors of the car. This will improve access to every corner and will make sure that dirt will not be trapped inside.
- Get rid of any trash that you can see. Take it off by hand. Do not forget to also inspect under the seat.
- Take out the floor mats. You have to clean it separately. Depending on the materials, you can clean the floor mat with soap and water or vacuum it in a well-ventilated area.
- Use the brush attachment of the vacuum to clean the floor of the car. Vacuum from all directions. Do not forget to also reach under the seats.
- Proceed to vacuum the seats. Recline the seat to go over the areas that often go unnoticed.
- Using an appropriate attachment, you should also vacuum the dashboard and other parts of the car.
- Do not forget to also head to the back and vacuum the trunk.
And Once you have vacuumed everything, you can now return the clean floor mat.
How To Care and Maintenance for Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
Even if you invest in the best cordless car vacuum, there is no guarantee that it will last for years. To help keep its best shape and maintain its best functionality through the years, here are some tips on how to take care of it:
- Empty the dirt cup often. As much as possible, you should do this every after use. Do not leave the container with dirt and dust when it is time to store the vacuum cleaner.
- Clean it after every use. Washing it with water will be enough. Every now and then, possibly every month or two, deep cleaning with soap and water will be necessary. Make sure to not submerge it in water.
- Do not forget to clean the brush roll. Dirt and dust can hide in between the brushes and can lessen the functionality of the vacuum cleaner. You also have to regularly clean all the other attachments or accessories.
- Store the vacuum cleaner properly when not in use. They are compact, so they will be easy to keep in the cabinet. As an added protection, it will also be good to wrap it in a plastic bag before storing.
- Make sure to change the filters based on the recommendations from the manufacturer or the dirt it has accumulated. Otherwise, the cleaning performance of the vacuum will be compromised.
After hours of countless research and going through the reviews of its users, we can conclude that the products mentioned above are indeed the top picks for the best cordless car vacuums. They are portable, powerful, and user-friendly, among other things. They will make your life a lot easier while making sure that the car is always free of dirt and dust.