Cleaning laminate floors is important to maintain its best appearance throughout the years. It is crucial to get the most out of your investment while also making sure that the floor is free of bacteria.
With this, you will need to buy the best laminate wood floors cleaner for shine, which will make it effortless to get rid even of the toughest dirt on the surface.
To clean the laminate floors, you should start with the right cleaner, which will be followed up by the right vacuum or steam mop for laminate floors. If you need a top-notch cleaner using effective ingredients, the rest of this post has got you covered. After reading this post, you can easily find a cleaner that will work best for your needs.
Image from Amazon
- Ours Top Pick Best Laminate Floor Cleaners 2021
- 1. Bona Stone, Tile, & Laminate Floor Cleaner
- 2. Black Diamond Wood & Laminate Cleaner
- 3. Quick Shine Multi-Surface Floor Finish and Polish
- 4. Bruce Hardwood and Laminate Floor Cleaner
- 5. Sheiner’s Hardwood Floor Cleaner
- 6. ZEP Enforcer Hardwood and Laminate Floor Cleaner
- 7. Better Life Natural Floor Cleaner
- 8. Weiman Laminate & Stone Floor Cleaner
- 9. Pledge Gentle Wood Floor Cleaner
- 10. Rejuvenate All Floors Restorer
- 11. Method Squirt + Mop Hardwood Floor Cleaner
- Homemade Laminate Floors Cleaner With Vinegar
- What Can You Use To Clean Laminate Floors?
- How To Care and Maintenance for Laminate Floors?
- Related posts:
Ours Top Pick Best Laminate Floor Cleaners 2021
No idea what makes the best floor cleaner? Here, we will provide you with a glimpse of some of the products that should be a part of your list and a few of the reasons why they are great options.
1. Bona Stone, Tile, & Laminate Floor Cleaner
Is Bona good for laminate floors?
One of the best things about this cleaner is the water-based formula, which is why you can expect that it won’t dull the appearance of the floor and that it will dry quickly. You will also love how it is packaged in a convenient spray bottle, which is ready to be used for cleaning.
You also do not have to wait for a long time since this comes with a quick-drying formula. Lastly, it comes with the GREENGUARD GOLD certification, which provides a guarantee that it has a safe formulation, not only for you but for the environment as well.
2. Black Diamond Wood & Laminate Cleaner
Looking at the online reviews, there is no doubt that this is one of the top options you should consider. Using this cleaner is almost effortless as all that you need to do is to spray and wipe. Plus, a little could already go a long way, making it an economical choice.
While it provides effective cleaning, you do not have to worry about having streaks left behind on the laminate. The latter can be attributed to the triple poly-shield technology and the fact that it has a water-based formula. It wipes dry and clean! It is also made using non-toxic ingredients, which makes it great for kids and the environment.
Black Diamond Wood and Laminate Floor Cleaner is product eco-friendly and biodegradable solution is safe around the children and pets. With just a single spray, you can wipe all the spills, stains, dirt, dust, footprints or oil just like a snap.
3. Quick Shine Multi-Surface Floor Finish and Polish
With the use of this cleaner, you will be able to effectively and easily protect, shine, and polish your laminate floors. It will leave the floor with an attractive glow, making it look as good as new for an extended period.
However, it should be pointed out that the cleaner can create a build-up over time. Make sure to clean the surface thoroughly to avoid the liquid from building up. Also, it does not have a scent, unlike other cleaners that commonly emit a fresh smell, such as lemon scent.
4. Bruce Hardwood and Laminate Floor Cleaner
Whether it is soil or scuffs on the surface of your laminate floor, this is one product that can prove to be effective. To use this cleaner, all that you have to do is to spray it on the floor and mop using a microfiber pad.
If the dirt is tough, repeated sprays may prove to be necessary to soften the dirt and get rid of it. As reported by people who have already used this cleaner, there will be no residue or streaks after. This minimizes the need to scrub harder just to get rid of any traces of the cleaner that could be possibly left behind.
5. Sheiner’s Hardwood Floor Cleaner
This product cleaner is formulated to clean both laminate floors and hardwood floors using non-toxic ingredients. The manufacturer also highlights that it is pH neutral and biodegradable. Even if you have pets, there is no need to worry.
There is no need for rinsing after cleaning and it will also leave your floor with a refreshing citrus scent instead of the smell of overpowering chemicals. Although this product is technically not a polish, after every application, you can still expect that the surface will be shiny, not only spotless.
6. ZEP Enforcer Hardwood and Laminate Floor Cleaner
Your laminate floors will look as good as new with the use of this cleaner, which is effective in removing even the toughest dirt on the surface. It comes in a one-gallon pack, which means that you will have a lot to use for cleaning. It is marketed as a commercial cleaner, which is why you can expect that it will produce exceptional results when used in the household. To use this cleaner, you have to transfer it first in a spray bottle and apply directly on the floor before having it mopped.
7. Better Life Natural Floor Cleaner
If you are concerned that toxic chemicals will infiltrate your home, this cleaner will be a perfect choice. This is a well-loved option because of its plant-based formula, making it free from harsh ingredients, such as petroleum and VOCs. Plus, the cleaner has not been tested on animals.
If you want a cleaner that is cruelty-free, this is definitely what you should pick. Some of the main ingredients that are used include bergamot, peppermint, and grapefruit extracts, which can effectively restore the natural shine of laminate floors.
8. Weiman Laminate & Stone Floor Cleaner
Weiman laminate floor cleaner works for any brand of flooring, but can also be used on tile, marble, and any other non-porous types of floors, so you don’t have to worry about having several different types of cleaners in your cupboard. It has a trigger spray-nozzle so you can easily do spot cleaning in any moment.
How to use it on laminate floors:
- Remove debris from floor by sweeping or vacuuming
- Spray a generous amount of Weiman Stone & Laminate Floor Cleaner directly onto floor
- Spread evenly with a clean, damp mop
- Allow 10-15 minutes for floor to dry
9. Pledge Gentle Wood Floor Cleaner
While the name of the product states that it is made for wooden floors, this can also be a great option if you would like to clean laminate floors. As the name implies, this is a gentle cleanser, so there is no need to worry about its potential toxicity.
It is also a good thing that it comes with a lemon scent, which will make the floor smell fresh. There is no need to rub too hard and you will also love how it will not leave messy streaks or residues once you are done cleaning.
10. Rejuvenate All Floors Restorer
It is worth pointing out that this is not your traditional floor cleaner. More than just cleaning and protecting the surface, it also works by filling the scratches and restoring the shine of the floor.
Once it is applied, the traction can be improved by up to 50%, which will also make it easier for you to mop. After cleaning, it will take about 45 minutes before the floor is finally dried. It is also an economical choice as a single drop can go a long way.
11. Method Squirt + Mop Hardwood Floor Cleaner
Squirt and mop – that is all you have to do with the use of this hardwood and laminate floor cleaner. If you are concerned about how your actions will impact the environment, this is an option that is hard to rival basically because it is plant-based and biodegradable.
It is also cruelty-free. Plus, even with a no-wax formula, this cleaner will give the floor a shiny appearance. This specific variant has a slight lemon ginger scent. It is also available in other scents, including almond.
Homemade Laminate Floors Cleaner With Vinegar
Is it safe to use vinegar on laminate floors? Here’s what you’ll need for your cleaning laminate floors with vinegar:
- 1- Cup Distilled Water
- 3/4- Cup Vinegar
- 1/2- Cup Rubbing Alcohol
- 1/2- tsp. Dish Soap
- 10- Drops each – lavender, orange, tea tree, peppermint
- A spray bottle
This natural laminate floor cleaner comes together super quick and easy! Just pour your water, alcohol, and vinegar into your bottle! Once you have your liquids poured in, add in your dish soap and drop in your essential oils.
Now screw on your lid and give it a good shake! You’re ready to go! I like to just spray it directly on the floor and wipe it up using a damp cloth or mop. It dries quickly so it’s perfect for busy weekday cleaning! This also is a great cleaning solution to use with my super absorbent homemade Swiffer cloths!
For years, I’ve been trying to eliminate chemicals and I’ve tried a few homemade cleaners, but this is one is by far the best. It has alcohol in it which helps it dry quickly keeping the floor from getting streaky. Without any foamy agents or soap, it doesn’t leave a film, and the essential oil properties help freshen, kill germs, and leave your floor clean!
What Can You Use To Clean Laminate Floors?
Given the abundance of the options, you might end up being overwhelmed. To help you make the right choice, here are some of the things to consider:
- Ingredients: One of the most important considerations would be the ingredients that make up the cleaner. As much as possible, it should be natural and organic, making it not only good for the floor but also good for humans and the environment.
- Ease of Use: The laminate floor cleaner will be easy to use if it comes in a spray-type bottle that can be applied directly on the floor. Also, it will be good if there is no need to have it diluted. Plus, no rinsing should be required to make things easier on your end.
- Scent: This all boils down as a matter of personal preference. However, for most people, they prefer a cleaner that provides a light and natural scent, such as lemon. This is better than those that are too strong or chemical-like.
- Reviews: If you are unsure about the right product to choose, the best thing that you can do is to read reviews. Learn from the real-life experiences of other users, which will make it easy for you to come up with a well-informed decision.
How To Care and Maintenance for Laminate Floors?
Aside from choosing the right cleaner, here are other important things to note to make your laminate floors last longer and look better through the years:
- One of the most important things that you have to do is to vacuum regularly, which will be beneficial in terms of getting rid of dust and dirt on the surface, preventing them from accumulating and hardening.
- It is also recommended that you use a suitable mop for the cleaner. It will be best to opt for a microfiber mop, which is gentle on the surface while demonstrating the excellent ability to clean laminate floors.
- As much as possible, do not wear shoes or slippers inside the house. The soles can damage the surface of the laminate floors and the dirt from outside the house can be brought in. You can politely ask your guests to go barefoot, which should be easy provided that they see the floor is clean.
- When using a floor cleaner, choose for one with a no-wax formula. Wax, which is often used to make the floor shiny, can cause a build-up on the surface. In turn, this can be difficult for you to remove.
- Use a protector under the legs or bases of your appliances, which will prevent serious damage in the long-term. In high-foot traffic area, you might also want to use an area rug not only as a protection but also as a décor.
- There are also natural cleaners that you can use. For instance, for some kinds of stains, you can use a combination of white vinegar and warm water. Remember, clean only the spot with stain as the liquid can penetrate under the board and can cause swelling.
- It will also be good to use a window covering to block the harsh heat of the sun. You might not know it, but excessive heat from the sun, when it reaches the floor, can speed up damage and lead to fading.
With the right choice for the best laminate floor cleaners, including those that have been mentioned above, your life will be a lot easier! They can make the laminate floors spotless and long-lasting! With the products that we have listed, your home will be free of toxic chemicals that are often found in traditional floor cleaners.