There’s nothing like having a robot vacuum to help you clean the house. Although many models do well enough on carpets, they really shine on hardwood floors. In fact, a robotic vacuum cleaner does well on any type of bare floor, from tile to laminate. Some are even capable of wet-mopping.
If your home besieged by never-ending drifts of pet hair, a robot vacuum is an essential companion. It will help you maintain clean floors no matter how much Fido or Fluffy shed. Of course, some robots are better at this than others.
That being said, consider purchasing one of the robot vacuums that have been mention, which is designed to pick up pet hair and hardwood floors.
- What Is The Best Robot Vacuum For Hard Floors And Pet Hair?
- iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa
- iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum- Wi-Fi Connected Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors
- Samsung POWERbot R7070 Pet Robot Vacuum for Carpets & Hard Floors
- Shark ION Robot Vacuum Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaner, Works with Alexa (RV750)
- Neato Robotics D7 Connected Laser Guided Robot Vacuum Featuring Multiple Floor
- eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30 Robot Vacuum Cleans Hard Floors to Medium-Pile Carpets
- Ecovacs DEEBOT N79S Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with Max Power Suction
- iLife V5s Pro Robot Vacuum Mop Cleaner with Water Tank
- iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum For Pet Hair and Hardwood Floors
- Eufy Boost IQ RoboVac 11S Robot Vacuum For Hard Floors to Medium-Pile Carpets
- PureClean Automatic Robot Vacuum Cleaner: Best Robot Vacuum for Pet Hair under $100
- ILIFE V3S Pro Robot Vacuum For Pet Hairs and Hard Floor and Low Pile Carpet
- bObsweep PetHair Plus Robotic Vacuum Cleaner and Mop
- How To Get Dog Hair off Clothes in Washer or Dryer
- Cleaning and Maintenance Tips for Hardwood Floors
- How Do You Remove Dog Hair from Hardwood Floors?
- How would You Choose the Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner?
What Is The Best Robot Vacuum For Hard Floors And Pet Hair?
Let’s examine the best robot vacuum cleaners for hard floors and pet hair to see which one suits your needs.
iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa
The iRobot Roomba 690 and the Roomba 890 were both released in 2017. They are the first Roombas to have Wi-Fi connectivity. But the 690 is a more economical choice for most pet owners. Let’s look at specifications to see why.
First, its battery lasts for up to an hour of cleaning, and then it can dock itself to recharge. If there’s still vacuuming left to complete, it will return to where it left off before. Although you can simply press the clean button to start it in motion, you can also schedule it with the iRobot HOME app. You’ll just need to link it to your home network. Then you can control it with your voice through the Google Assistant or Amazon’s Alexa.
The 690 model of the Roomba series has a three-stage suction system that performs much better than earlier generations of robot vacuums. Plus, it won’t fall downstairs, and it knows the difference between carpet and hard floors. On the downside, sometimes it mistakes dark shadows or dark-colored carpet for a cliff, which leads it to avoid that area.
In conclusion, the Roomba 690 comes with a virtual wall barrier that allows you to block off a doorway or part of a room. And it includes a cleaning tool for the brushes and an extra filter.
iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum- Wi-Fi Connected Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors
Is Roomba good for pet hair and hardwood floors?
Although the Roomba 690 is efficient, the 980 is better for large homes with hardwood floors and pet owners. The Roomba 960 has an improved brush design that’s easier to clean and cuts down on tangling. Additionally, it has a high-efficiency filter that catches allergens and dust as small as 10 microns in size.
But that’s not all there is to love about the Roomba 960. It runs for twice as long as a 690, or up to two hours before it needs a recharge. And it’s new Power Boost mode improves suction up to 10 times better than earlier models could do on carpets. Finally, the 960 has an automatically adjusting cleaning head that raises and lowers the brushes according to the type of floor it’s cleaning.
Another thing that makes this exceptional is the iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with Visual Localization. This makes it intelligent. It has smart sensors that will allow it to determine where exactly it is going. To add, there is also a low-profile design, allowing it to fit even in tight spaces.
When the battery is full, it can run continuously for up to 120 minutes. When the battery is drained, it automatically charges on its own.
More than just a Roomba is the best robot vacuum cleaner for pet hair, it also detects other types of dirt that should be removed from the surface. It has Dirt Detect technology, a patented feature that recognizes the area of the house with the highest concentration of dirt.
Aside from Wi-Fi connectivity, it also has voice-activated commands, making its use hassle-free.
Samsung POWERbot R7070 Pet Robot Vacuum for Carpets & Hard Floors
If you’ve been shopping for robotic vacuums and you follow Consumer Reports, you may have noticed that they praise the Samsung POWERbot . But customer reviews are mixed because the POWERbot can be a little complicated to manage.
On the other hand, this robotic vacuum has the cleaning power of an upright. It removes debris better than most other robots. And it has the Edge Clean Master feature that sweeps meticulously along walls and in corners.
Similar to the Shark Ion 750, the POWERbot has a self-cleaning brush that automatically removes tangles. And it has a top-loading dustbin and a washable filter.
Finally, the POWERbot automatically adjust its suction when it moves from carpet and bare floors. Moreover, it transitions smoothly between floor types.
Shark ION Robot Vacuum Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaner, Works with Alexa (RV750)
Shark, the famed manufacturer of popular and powerful vacuum cleaners, also makes its own robotic vacuum. The Shark Ion 750 connects to your home network so that you can control it with voice commands through Alexa. But that’s not the only benefit.
The Ion 750 has a self-cleaning brush roll that untangles strings and long hair so that you don’t have to do it yourself. It also has two spinning side brushes to clean along edges. And its lithium-ion battery lasts for more than an hour of cleaning.
Neato Robotics D7 Connected Laser Guided Robot Vacuum Featuring Multiple Floor
Neato also makes the D7 a Wi-Fi connected robotic vacuum that’s compatible with voice control. You can manage it with an app on your phone or tablet, and even receive notifications about its duties. Additionally, the app allows you to set virtual “no-go” lines that stop the robot from cleaning certain areas.
Depending on how dirty you feel your floor is, you can choose from Eco or Turbo modes. The Eco mode is quieter and has a longer run time. And Turbo is best at removing pet hair.
Since the D7 uses laser mapping to navigate, it can clean in the dark and won’t be fooled by dark-colored rugs. And because it’s connected to your network, it can receive updates to add new features and improvements.
eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30 Robot Vacuum Cleans Hard Floors to Medium-Pile Carpets
Meanwhile, the eufy RoboVac 30 has upgraded features compared to the 11S. It has stronger suction, and it comes with boundary strips. These reusable magnetic lines prevent the robot from entering areas where it’s not welcome.
If you’re sensitive to noise, you’ll appreciate the quiet 55dB rating of the RoboVac 30. That’s about the same amount of sound as a microwave makes. Moreover, the vacuum comes with remote control, a charging base, a cleaning tool, an extra set of filters, and four side brushes. It’s covered by a 12-month warranty.
Ecovacs DEEBOT N79S Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with Max Power Suction
ECOVACS DEEBOT N79S is the best robot vacuum for pet hair and hardwood under $200. It is budget-friendly, yet you can be assured that the performance and features will be top-notch.
Looking at its features, one that you will love is the 3-stage cleaning system, providing an assurance of its cleaning efficiency. With the combination of well-designed brushes and powerful vacuum suction, it will make sure that no traces of pet hair will be left behind on a hardwood floor.
It also has high-quality sensors that offer protection from drops and collisions. It has durable bumpers and advanced sensors that help it to demonstrate durability.
The robotic vacuum cleaner comes with a lithium-ion battery. When the battery is fully charged, it can function for up to 1.7 hours. The power is higher than both the Samsung R7040 and the Roomba 690.
Another thing that makes this great is the Smart Sensor Technology. This allows the product to demonstrate intelligent functionality. It knows exactly where it should and should not go. It had no trouble cleaning black carpet which some robot vacuums can’t do.
iLife V5s Pro Robot Vacuum Mop Cleaner with Water Tank
If you are the owner of a large house including all hard floors and pets ILIFE V5s Pro Robot Vacuum Mop Cleaner with 4 lithium batteries that improve run time to about 150 minutes is best to choose for the budget under $300.
Small slim light design and smart sensors ensure V5s pro to know your home and clean where dirt hides. Advanced i-dropping technology makes mopping more efficient and reliable.
There are 4 cleaning modes: automatic cleaning of the floor, deep cleaning on specific areas, cleaning alongside wall sides and cleaning during specific time frames. This robot really surprised me with its effect on how well it picked up the amount of dirt pet furs, debris in the period of time it took.
We have the iLife V5s, and it’s an incredible value. I bought a place with all hardwoods on the first floor, and this is great for hardwoods. Not recommended for carpet.
Surprisingly, even if the iLife V5S Pro does not have a motorized brush, it performed better than the more expensive Roomba 980. One big advantage the Roomba has over the V5S Pro would be the smartphone app that allows you to control the robot even if you’re not at home.
iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum For Pet Hair and Hardwood Floors
What is best robot vacuum for pet hair and hardwood floors? My Roomba 675 has done wonders for the hairs in our home, and most of our house is tile and hardwood. It also eats my long hair off the floor.
Just remember to take the brushes out and clean them every once in a while. Other than that, Roomba is amazing at cleaning up hair and crumbs. What we do is run it every day in the kitchen/living room area. Then on the weekends, we run it in just the kitchen, just the living room, in each of the bedrooms, and in just the hallways.
Pet owners would recommend, just keep a basket for toys, and throw them in the basket when its time to run the Roomba to clean. Takes 5 seconds to do that part, then you can do other things while the Roomba cleans.
The Roomba 675 is better if you have some carpet. We have only a front runner and everything else is hardwood and it does fine with that. Area rug that has frilly strings on the ends can be problematic, but straight edges carpet, even if it sticks up a little.
Eufy Boost IQ RoboVac 11S Robot Vacuum For Hard Floors to Medium-Pile Carpets
This is another top pick for those who want an affordable robot vacuum that does not compromise the cleaning performance. It has 1300Pa of power, which is why you can be confident that no strand of pet hair will be left behind on the floor.
Another feature that allows it to demonstrate exceptional performance is the Triple Filter System. With the latter, dirt will be trapped, providing cleaner air at home.
The battery is also exceptional. It has a continuous runtime of up to 100 minutes, unlike others that will frequently need to be recharged. There is also a large dust box, which has a capacity of .6 liter. This means that it will take quite a while before there is a need to empty the canister.
The robot vacuum cleaner has a height of only 2.85 inches. Because of this, it can easily crawl underneath beds and other limited spaces.
Lastly, with the drop sensing technology, the vacuum cleaner knows exactly when it will already fall down. It avoids such spaces in an instant.
PureClean Automatic Robot Vacuum Cleaner: Best Robot Vacuum for Pet Hair under $100
With this budget robot vacuum under 200, you will have a dependable cleaning companion in the absence of having to spend a fortune. It works not only on hardwood floors but on other surfaces as well, including carpets and tiles.
If you have stairs at home, there is no need to worry. It is equipped with advanced sensors that will prevent the vacuum from falling.
This model is powered by a 1500mAh Ni-MH battery, which has an average charge time of four hours. When the battery is full, the average runtime is 90 minutes.
Another feature that makes this great is the Dual Debris Sweepers. The latter will make sure that there will be no traces of dirt left behind.
The satisfaction guarantee offered by the manufacturer is also worth mentioning. Within 30 days, if you are unhappy in any way with the use of the product, just let the manufacturer know and you will be provided an unconditional refund.
ILIFE V3S Pro Robot Vacuum For Pet Hairs and Hard Floor and Low Pile Carpet
The best thing about this product is the pet hair care technology, which is exactly the reason why we have included it on our list. It is designed specifically for picking up pet hair on a hardwood floors and carpet, so you can never go wrong with this option!
There is an edge cleaning mode in this robotic vacuum. With the latter, you can expect that no portion will be left uncleaned. It also has a low-profile design, allowing it to glide even on tight spaces.
Similar to most of the options that are mentioned in this post, it also automatically goes back to the charging dock. It recharges on its own, making it hassle-free to use.
It is also convenient to use, basically because of the ability to schedule the cleaning ahead of time. You can pre-set it beforehand through the remote that is included.
bObsweep PetHair Plus Robotic Vacuum Cleaner and Mop
It may be quite expensive, but the price will be worth it. From its features to its performance, you can expect that it is going to be a great pick. Among others, it is notable for its Turbo Lift Technology, which is four times stronger compared to many of its competitors. This is one of the strongest you will find on the market.
This robotic vacuum also comes with Block Plus technology. This allows you to create boundaries, making sure that it will not clean areas that it is not supposed to reach.
The one-liter dustbin is also a good thing. With the latter, it takes a lot of pet hair and dirt before the canister will get full.
How To Get Dog Hair off Clothes in Washer or Dryer
Using household rubber gloves is great for removing dog and cat hairs off your clothes, and especially your car upholstery. The static from the rubber makes the hair stick to gloves. Then just rinse the gloves off when you are done.
For getting dog hairs out of blankets to take a roll of wide duct tape. Unroll just enough to wrap it around the spool backward and stick to the beginning. Then roll this over your sheets and blankets. It’ll pick it all up. If it gets full of hair and debris, simply cut off this section and roll out a fresh section. I have 2 black dogs who sleep with me and I do this every morning when I make the bed.
On the hardwood, laminate or other bare floors, use an electrostatic or microfiber dry mop for getting dog hairs, vacuums tend to blow the hair around versus corral it in one spot. If pet hair is a problem for you, it’s worth investing in a specialty pet vacuum with extra strong suction power and a good HEPA filter.
Cleaning and Maintenance Tips for Hardwood Floors
A robotic vacuum will come handy, but there are other ways to keep the hardwood floor in its tip-top condition.
- Daily sweeping is a must. This helps to eliminate pet hair before they accumulate. For vacuuming, you can do it at least once a week.
- Be careful when choosing the cleaning products to use. Look at the label and make sure that it made specifically for hardwood floors. Do not use self-polishing acrylic waxes as they can cause the floor to be too slippery.
- If there are spills, wipe it off immediately. The longer it stays on the surface, the more serious is the damage that it can cause.
- For furniture, you have to put stick-on felt protectors. The latter will provide protection against scratches and other possible damages.
How Do You Remove Dog Hair from Hardwood Floors?
Using a robot vacuum is perhaps the best way to manage pet hair on hardwood floors at home. However, there are other things that you can also do, including those that are briefly mentioned in the rest of this post.
- If you do not have a robotic vacuum cleaner, a microfiber dry mop will also work when removing pet hair on a hardwood floor.
- Damp rubber gloves will do the trick, especially if the pet hair is on fabric or upholstery. When it is full of pet hair, rinse and repeat the process.
- Dryer sheets will be equally effective when cleaning pet hair. If you have a roll of tape, you can also use it to get rid of pet hair, especially in small areas.
- Prevention is better than cure. With this, one thing you can do is to cover the areas usually used by pets with blankets.
How would You Choose the Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner?
To make it easier to come up with the right decision, here are some of the most important things that you need to take into account.
- Power: Choose a robot vacuum that can demonstrate superior cleaning power, which will allow it to get rid even of the tiniest pet hair. Take note of the suction that it can produce. If it is powerful, it is sure to be a dependable cleaning companion.
- Dustbin: Take note of the capacity of the bin as well. A good option would be one that comes with a larger bin, which means that it is going to take quite some time before you need to have it emptied.
- Noise: It is annoying if the robot vacuum makes a loud noise while it is cleaning. Look at the decibel level in the technical specifications. A lower number would mean that it operates quietly.
- Connectivity: Most of the high-end options on the market will offer several options for connectivity. Some are Wi-Fi and smartphone compatible, providing a revolutionary way to have it controlled.
- Sensors: Pick a model with advanced sensors, which will be reflective of its intelligent functionality. The sensors will dictate exactly where it should clean and where it should not go. It also helps to prevent falling in stairs.
- Height: Many would prefer a robot vacuum that comes with a low-profile design. The main benefit of such is that it will easily fit even on tight spaces, providing an assurance that no area will be left uncleaned.
- Battery: It is also important that the vacuum comes with a high-powered battery. Most models can run from 90 to 120 minutes. The battery should also take only a short time to be fully recharged. Plus, the product should have the ability to automatically go back to its charging dock on its own.
- Warranty: The warranty coverage is important because it demonstrates how confident the manufacturer is about the quality of their product. Within the warranty period, if the product becomes defective, the manufacturer will offer free repair or replacement of parts, depending on the terms and conditions.
It is fun to have pets around the house. they are cute and friendly. They can provide instant relief after a stressful day at work. However, there are times that they can also be a big problem, especially when it comes to pet hair.
The most significant reason why you need to get rid of pet hair is the fact that it can cause allergies. If you notice that you are sneezing more often than you used to, if you often suffer from cold, if your skin is itching, these are some of the symptoms that you are allergic to pet hair. This gives you the reason to invest in a robotic vacuum.