If you are on the lookout best robot vacuum for pet hairs and hardwood floors a cheaper Roomba alternative? Cleaning should not be a dreaded chore, even if you have pets at home. It can be a lot easier, especially if you embrace advanced technologies. That being said, consider purchasing one of the robot vacuums that have been mention, which is designed to pick up pet hair on hardwood floors.
On 12 Days Of Deals 2019 you can get a iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum- Wi-Fi Connected Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors with deals up to 39%.
ECOVACS DEEBOT N79S is the best robot vacuum under $200. It is budget-friendly, yet you can be assured that the performance and features will be top-notch.
Looking at its features, one that you will love is the 3-stage cleaning system, providing an assurance of its cleaning efficiency. With the combination of well-designed brushes and powerful vacuum suction, it will make sure that no traces of pet hair will be left behind on a hardwood floor.
It also has high-quality sensors that offer protection from drops and collisions. It has durable bumpers and advanced sensors that help it to demonstrate durability.
The robotic vacuum cleaner comes with a lithium-ion battery. When the battery is fully charged, it can function for up to 1.7 hours. The power is higher than both the Samsung R7040 and the Roomba 690.
Another thing that makes this great is the Smart Sensor Technology. This allows the product to demonstrate intelligent functionality. It knows exactly where it should and should not go. It had no trouble cleaning black carpet which some robot vacuums can’t do.
- The Best Robot Vacuums for Pet Hair On Hardwood Floors
- iRobot Roomba 960 Vacuum Cleaning Robot Good for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors
- ILIFE V5s Pro Robot Vacuum Mop Cleaner
- iRobot Roomba 980 Wi-Fi Connected Vacuuming Robot
- Eufy Boost IQ RoboVac 11S Vacuum Cleaner
- PureClean Automatic Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- ILIFE V3S Pro Robotic Vacuum
- bObSweep PetHair Plus Robotic Vacuum
- How To Get Dog Hair off Clothes in Washer or Dryer
- Cleaning and Maintenance Tips for Hardwood Floors
- Other Ways to Clean Pet Hair
- How would You Choose the Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner?
- Wrap Up:
The Best Robot Vacuums for Pet Hair On Hardwood Floors
Before we proceed with the short reviews of robotic vacuums, the table below summarizes the main features that you can expect in each product.
iRobot Roomba 960 Vacuum Cleaning Robot Good for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors
Is Roomba good for hardwood floors?
If you are looking for the best Roomba for hardwood floors that can be effective in getting rid of pet hair, this is one that should be on the top of the list. One of its most notable features is the Aero Force 3-stage Cleaning System, which generates power that is 10 times more powerful compared to its competitors.
Another thing that makes this exceptional is the iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with Visual Localization. This makes it intelligent. It has smart sensors that will allow it to determine where exactly it is going. To add, there is also a low-profile design, allowing it to fit even in tight spaces.
When the battery is full, it can run continuously for up to 120 minutes. When the battery is drained, it automatically charges on its own.
More than just a Roomba is best robot vacuum cleaner for pet hair, it also detects other types of dirt that should be removed from the surface. It has Dirt Detect technology, a patented feature that recognizes the area of the house with the highest concentration of dirt.
Aside from Wi-Fi connectivity, it also has voice-activated commands, making its use hassle-free.
The Roomba 960 had successful testing series while picking pet hair on hardwood and carpet. Cat hair, rice, and cereal were all cleaned up at a level of 100%.
Does Roomba work on carpet and hardwood?
Yes! Roomba picks up an amazing amount of dirt, dust, pet hair and other debris from your carpets and hard floors. Roomba automatically transitions from one floor surface to the next, including carpets, rugs, tile, linoleum and hardwood floors.
Does Roomba work well with pet hair?
It’s designed to suck up more pet hair, dander and kibble than the other Roombas. … The Home Base (included) recharges Roomba and sends out infrared beams to guide it back when its battery is low or when cleaning is complete. Roomba works on linoleum, carpet, tile, and wood.
ILIFE V5s Pro Robot Vacuum Mop Cleaner
If you are the owner of a large house including all hard floors and pets ILIFE V5s Pro Robot Vacuum Mop Cleaner with 4 lithium batteries that improve run time to about 150 minutes is best to choose for the budget under $200.
Small slim light design and smart sensors ensure V5s pro to know your home and clean where dirt hides. Advanced i-dropping technology makes mopping more efficient and reliable.
There are 4 cleaning modes: automatic cleaning of the floor, deep cleaning on specific areas, cleaning alongside wall sides and cleaning during specific time frames. This robot really surprised me with its effect on how well it picked up the amount of dirt pet furs, debris in the period of time it took.
We have the iLife V5s, and it’s an incredible value. I bought a place with all hardwoods on the first floor, and this is great for hardwoods. Not recommended for carpet.
Surprisingly, even if the iLife V5S Pro does not have a motorized brush, it performed better than the more expensive Roomba 980. One big advantage the Roomba has over the V5S Pro would be the smartphone app that allows you to control the robot even if you’re not at home.
iRobot Roomba 980 Wi-Fi Connected Vacuuming Robot
What is best robot vacuum for pet hair and hardwood floors? My Roomba 980 has done wonders for the hairs in our home, and most of our house is tile and hardwood. It also eats my long hair off the floor.
Just remember to take the brushes out and clean them every once in a while. Other than that, Roomba is amazing at cleaning up hair and crumbs. What we do is run it every day in the kitchen/living room area. Then on the weekends, we run it in just the kitchen, just the living room, in each of the bedrooms, and in just the hallways.
Pet owners would recommend, just keep a basket for toys, and throw them in the basket when its time to run the Roomba to clean. Takes 5 seconds to do that part, then you can do other things while the Roomba cleans.
The Roomba 980 is better if you have carpet. We have only a front runner and everything else is hardwood and it does fine with that. Area rug that has frilly strings on the ends can be problematic, but straight edges carpet, even if it sticks up a little.
Eufy Boost IQ RoboVac 11S Vacuum Cleaner
This is another top pick for those who want an affordable robot vacuum that does not compromise the cleaning performance. It has 1300Pa of power, which is why you can be confident that no strand of pet hair will be left behind on the floor.
Another feature that allows it to demonstrate exceptional performance is the Triple Filter System. With the latter, dirt will be trapped, providing cleaner air at home.
The battery is also exceptional. It has a continuous runtime of up to 100 minutes, unlike others that will frequently need to be recharged. There is also a large dust box, which has a capacity of .6 liter. This means that it will take quite a while before there is a need to empty the canister.
The robot vacuum cleaner has a height of only 2.85 inches. Because of this, it can easily crawl underneath beds and other limited spaces.
Lastly, with the drop sensing technology, the vacuum cleaner knows exactly when it will already fall down. It avoids such spaces in an instant.
PureClean Automatic Robot Vacuum Cleaner
If you have stairs at home, there is no need to worry. It is equipped with advanced sensors that will prevent the vacuum from falling.
This model is powered by a 1500mAh Ni-MH battery, which has an average charge time of four hours. When the battery is full, the average runtime is 90 minutes.
Another feature that makes this great is the Dual Debris Sweepers. The latter will make sure that there will be no traces of dirt left behind.
The satisfaction guarantee offered by the manufacturer is also worth mentioning. Within 30 days, if you are unhappy in any way with the use of the product, just let the manufacturer know and you will be provided an unconditional refund.
ILIFE V3S Pro Robotic Vacuum
There is an edge cleaning mode in this robotic vacuum. With the latter, you can expect that no portion will be left uncleaned. It also has a low-profile design, allowing it to glide even on tight spaces.
Similar to most of the options that are mentioned in this post, it also automatically goes back to the charging dock. It recharges on its own, making it hassle-free to use.
It is also convenient to use, basically because of the ability to schedule the cleaning ahead of time. You can pre-set it beforehand through the remote that is included.
bObSweep PetHair Plus Robotic Vacuum
This robotic vacuum also comes with Block Plus technology. This allows you to create boundaries, making sure that it will not clean areas that it is not supposed to reach.
The one-liter dustbin is also a good thing. With the latter, it takes a lot of pet hair and dirt before the canister will get full.
How To Get Dog Hair off Clothes in Washer or Dryer
Using household rubber gloves is great for removing dog and cat hairs off your clothes, and especially your car upholstery. The static from the rubber makes the hair stick to gloves. Then just rinse the gloves off when you are done.
For getting dog hairs out of blankets to take a roll of wide duct tape. Unroll just enough to wrap it around the spool backward and stick to the beginning. Then roll this over your sheets and blankets. It’ll pick it all up. If it gets full of hair and debris, simply cut off this section and roll out a fresh section. I have 2 black dogs who sleep with me and I do this every morning when I make the bed.
On the hardwood, laminate or other bare floors, use an electrostatic or microfiber dry mop for getting dog hairs, vacuums tend to blow the hair around versus corral it in one spot. If pet hair is a problem for you, it’s worth investing in a specialty pet vacuum with extra strong suction power and a good HEPA filter.
Cleaning and Maintenance Tips for Hardwood Floors
A robotic vacuum will come handy, but there are other ways to keep the hardwood floor in its tip-top condition.
- Daily sweeping is a must. This helps to eliminate pet hair before they accumulate. For vacuuming, you can do it at least once a week.
- Be careful when choosing the cleaning products to use. Look at the label and make sure that it made specifically for hardwood floors. Do not use self-polishing acrylic waxes as they can cause the floor to be too slippery.
- If there are spills, wipe it off immediately. The longer it stays on the surface, the more serious is the damage that it can cause.
- For furniture, you have to put stick-on felt protectors. The latter will provide protection against scratches and other possible damages.
Other Ways to Clean Pet Hair
Using a robot vacuum is perhaps the best way to manage pet hair at home. However, there are other things that you can also do, including those that are briefly mentioned in the rest of this post.
- Damp rubber gloves will do the trick, especially if the pet hair is on fabric or upholstery. When it is full of pet hair, rinse and repeat the process.
- Dryer sheets will be equally effective when cleaning pet hair. If you have a roll of tape, you can also use it to get rid of pet hair, especially in small areas.
- If you do not have a robotic vacuum cleaner, a microfiber dry mop will also work when removing pet hair on a hardwood floor.
- Prevention is better than cure. With this, one thing you can do is to cover the areas usually used by pets with blankets.
How would You Choose the Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner?
To make it easier to come up with the right decision, here are some of the most important things that you need to take into account.
- Power: Choose a robot vacuum that can demonstrate superior cleaning power, which will allow it to get rid even of the tiniest pet hair. Take note of the suction that it can produce. If it is powerful, it is sure to be a dependable cleaning companion.
- Dustbin: Take note of the capacity of the bin as well. A good option would be one that comes with a larger bin, which means that it is going to take quite some time before you need to have it emptied.
- Noise: It is annoying if the robot vacuum makes a loud noise while it is cleaning. Look at the decibel level in the technical specifications. A lower number would mean that it operates quietly.
- Connectivity: Most of the high-end options on the market will offer several options for connectivity. Some are Wi-Fi and smartphone compatible, providing a revolutionary way to have it controlled.
- Sensors: Pick a model with advanced sensors, which will be reflective of its intelligent functionality. The sensors will dictate exactly where it should clean and where it should not go. It also helps to prevent falling in stairs.
- Height: Many would prefer a robot vacuum that comes with a low-profile design. The main benefit of such is that it will easily fit even on tight spaces, providing an assurance that no area will be left uncleaned.
- Battery: It is also important that the vacuum comes with a high-powered battery. Most models can run from 90 to 120 minutes. The battery should also take only a short time to be fully recharged. Plus, the product should have the ability to automatically go back to its charging dock on its own.
- Warranty: The warranty coverage is important because it demonstrates how confident the manufacturer is about the quality of their product. Within the warranty period, if the product becomes defective, the manufacturer will offer free repair or replacement of parts, depending on the terms and conditions.
It is fun to have pets around the house. they are cute and friendly. They can provide instant relief after a stressful day at work. However, there are times that they can also be a big problem, especially when it comes to pet hair.
The most significant reason why you need to get rid of pet hair is the fact that it can cause allergies. If you notice that you are sneezing more often than you used to, if you often suffer from cold, if your skin is itching, these are some of the symptoms that you are allergic to pet hair. This gives you the reason to invest in a robotic vacuum.