I want buy a robot vacuum cleaner for 2000 sq ft with hardwood floors and the thought of sweeping and vacuuming every week after our cats is daunting. What would you recommend for an automated cleaner that is good with cat hair? I’m open to either a dry/wet mop or a vacuum. I’m flexible on price, I just want to better understand the options and the market is both wide and deep.
Do you hate cleaning hardwood floors? Do you dread the presence of pet hair? Do you often suffer from allergies? If you answer yes to any of these questions, you need to invest in a high-quality robotic vacuum cleaner, including those that will be briefly mentioned in the rest of this post.
Embracing technology in the form of a robotic vacuum cleaner is one thing that you need to do. If you haven’t tried it, you will be surprised how it can make your life a lot easier! Turn it on, sit down, do other things, and let the robot vacuum do the job on its own!
- Browse The 6 Best Robot Vacuums for Pet Hair On Hardwood Floors
- Infographic Basic Guide For Choosing A Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- How Do You Get The Hair Out of The Laundry?
- Cleaning and Maintenance Tips for Hardwood Floors
- Other Ways to Clean Pet Hair
- How would You Choose the Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner?
- Wrap Up:
Browse The 6 Best Robot Vacuums for Pet Hair On Hardwood Floors
Before we proceed with the short reviews of robotic vacuums, the table below summarizes the main features that you can expect in each product.
|Image||Product name||Main features||Price|
|iRobot Roomba 980 Robot Vacuum||Wi-Fi connectivity, 120-minute cleaning time, Smart Mapping, Vslam Technology||$$$|
|ECOVACS DEEBOT N79S Robot Vacuum Cleaner||3-stage Cleaning System, 1.7-hour battery life, Anti-Collision and Anti-Drop Protection||$|
|Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S Vacuum Cleaner||BoostIQ Technology, anti-scratch cover, triple filter system||$|
|PureClean Automatic Robot Vacuum Cleaner||Dual rotating brushes, scheduled activation, anti-fall sensor||$|
|Pet hair car technology, self-charging, low-profile design||$|
|bObSweep Pet Hair Plus Robotic Vacuum||Turbo Lift Vacuum technology, Block Plus, 1-liter dustbin||$$|
iRobot Roomba 980 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
Is Roomba good for hardwood floors?
If you are looking for the best Roomba for hardwood floors that can be effective in getting rid of pet hair, this is one that should be on the top of the list. One of its most notable features is the Aero Force 3-stage Cleaning System, which generates power that is 10 times more powerful compared to its competitors.
Another thing that makes this exceptional is the iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with Visual Localization. This makes it intelligent. It has smart sensors that will allow it to determine where exactly it is going. To add, there is also a low-profile design, allowing it to fit even in tight spaces.
When the battery is full, it can run continuously for up to 120 minutes. When the battery is drained, it automatically charges on its own.
More than just a Roomba is best robot vacuum cleaner for pet hair, it also detects other types of dirt that should be removed from the surface. It has Dirt Detect technology, a patented feature that recognizes the area of the house with the highest concentration of dirt.
Aside from Wi-Fi connectivity, it also has voice-activated commands, making its use hassle-free.
ECOVACS DEEBOT N79S Robot Vacuum Cleaner
If you are on the lookout for a cheaper Roomba alternative, this is one that should be on the top of the list. ECOVACS DEEBOT N79S is best robot vacuum under 300. It is budget-friendly, yet you can be assured that the performance and features will be top-notch.
Looking at its features, one that you will love is the 3-stage cleaning system, providing an assurance of its cleaning efficiency. With the combination of well-designed brushes and powerful vacuum suction, it will make sure that no traces of pet hair will be left behind on a hardwood floor.
It also has high-quality sensors that offer protection from drops and collisions. It has durable bumpers and advanced sensors that help it to demonstrate durability.
The robotic vacuum cleaner comes with a lithium-ion battery. When the battery is fully-charged, it can function for up to 1.7 hours.
Another thing that makes this great is the Smart Sensor Technology. This allows the product to demonstrate intelligent functionality. It knows exactly where it should and should not go.
Eufy Boost IQ RoboVac 11S Vacuum Cleaner
This is another top pick for those who want an affordable robot vacuum that does not compromise the cleaning performance. It has 1300Pa of power, which is why you can be confident that no strand of pet hair will be left behind on the floor.
Another feature that allows it to demonstrate exceptional performance is the Triple Filter System. With the latter, dirt will be trapped, providing cleaner air at home.
The battery is also exceptional. It has a continuous runtime of up to 100 minutes, unlike others that will frequently need to be recharged. There is also a large dust box, which has a capacity of .6 liter. This means that it will take quite a while before there is a need to empty the canister.
The robot vacuum cleaner has a height of only 2.85 inches. Because of this, it can easily crawl underneath beds and other limited spaces.
Lastly, with the drop sensing technology, the vacuum cleaner knows exactly when it will already fall down. It avoids such spaces in an instant.
PureClean Automatic Robot Vacuum Cleaner
With this budget robot vacuum under 200, you will have a dependable cleaning companion in the absence of having to spend a fortune. It works not only on hardwood floors but on other surfaces as well, including carpets and tiles.
If you have stairs at home, there is no need to worry. It is equipped with advanced sensors that will prevent the vacuum from falling.
This model is powered by a 1500mAh Ni-MH battery, which has an average charge time of four hours. When the battery is full, the average runtime is 90 minutes.
Another feature that makes this great is the Dual Debris Sweepers. The latter will make sure that there will be no traces of dirt left behind.
The satisfaction guarantee offered by the manufacturer is also worth mentioning. Within 30 days, if you are unhappy in any way with the use of the product, just let the manufacturer know and you will be provided an unconditional refund.
ILIFE V3S Pro Robotic Vacuum
The best thing about this product is the pet hair care technology, which is exactly the reason why we have included it on our list. It is designed specifically for picking up pet hair on a hardwood floor, so you can never go wrong with this option!
There is an edge cleaning mode in this robotic vacuum. With the latter, you can expect that no portion will be left uncleaned. It also has a low-profile design, allowing it to glide even on tight spaces.
Similar to most of the options that are mentioned in this post, it also automatically goes back to the charging dock. It recharges on its own, making it hassle-free to use.
It is also convenient to use, basically because of the ability to schedule the cleaning ahead of time. You can pre-set it beforehand through the remote that is included.
bObSweep PetHair Plus Robotic Vacuum
It may be quite expensive, but the price will be worth it. From its features to its performance, you can expect that it is going to be a great pick. Among others, it is notable for its Turbo Lift Technology, which is four times stronger compared to many of its competitors. This is one of the strongest you will find on the market.
This robotic vacuum also comes with Block Plus technology. This allows you to create boundaries, making sure that it will not clean areas that it is not supposed to reach.
The one-liter dustbin is also a good thing. With the latter, it takes a lot of pet hair and dirt before the canister will get full.
Infographic Basic Guide For Choosing A Robot Vacuum Cleaner
How Do You Get The Hair Out of The Laundry?
It is fun to have pets around the house. they are cute and friendly. They can provide instant relief after a stressful day at work. However, there are times that they can also be a big problem, especially when it comes to pet hair.
The most significant reason why you need to get rid of pet hair is the fact that it can cause allergies. If you notice that you are sneezing more often than you used to, if you often suffer from cold, if your skin is itching, these are some of the symptoms that you are allergic to pet hair. This gives you the reason to invest in a robotic vacuum.
Cleaning and Maintenance Tips for Hardwood Floors
A robotic vacuum will come handy, but there are other ways to keep the hardwood floor in its tip-top condition.
- Daily sweeping is a must. This helps to eliminate pet hair before they accumulate. For vacuuming, you can do it at least once a week.
- Be careful when choosing the cleaning products to use. Look at the label and make sure that it made specifically for hardwood floors. Do not use self-polishing acrylic waxes as they can cause the floor to be too slippery.
- If there are spills, wipe it off immediately. The longer it stays on the surface, the more serious is the damage that it can cause.
- For furniture, you have to put stick-on felt protectors. The latter will provide protection against scratches and other possible damages.
Other Ways to Clean Pet Hair
Using a robot vacuum is perhaps the best way to manage pet hair at home. However, there are other things that you can also do, including those that are briefly mentioned in the rest of this post.
- Damp rubber gloves will do the trick, especially if the pet hair is on fabric or upholstery. When it is full of pet hair, rinse and repeat the process.
- Dryer sheets will be equally effective when cleaning pet hair. If you have a roll of tape, you can also use it to get rid of pet hair, especially in small areas.
- If you do not have a robotic vacuum cleaner, a microfiber dry mop will also work when removing pet hair on a hardwood floor.
- Prevention is better than cure. With this, one thing you can do is to cover the areas usually used by pets with blankets.
How would You Choose the Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner?
To make it easier to come up with the right decision, here are some of the most important things that you need to take into account.
- Power: Choose a robot vacuum that can demonstrate superior cleaning power, which will allow it to get rid even of the tiniest pet hair. Take note of the suction that it can produce. If it is powerful, it is sure to be a dependable cleaning companion.
- Dustbin: Take note of the capacity of the bin as well. A good option would be one that comes with a larger bin, which means that it is going to take quite some time before you need to have it emptied.
- Noise: It is annoying if the robot vacuum makes a loud noise while it is cleaning. Look at the decibel level in the technical specifications. A lower number would mean that it operates quietly.
- Connectivity: Most of the high-end options on the market will offer several options for connectivity. Some are Wi-Fi and smartphone compatible, providing a revolutionary way to have it controlled.
- Sensors: Pick a model with advanced sensors, which will be reflective of its intelligent functionality. The sensors will dictate exactly where it should clean and where it should not go. It also helps to prevent falling in stairs.
- Height: Many would prefer a robot vacuum that comes with a low-profile design. The main benefit of such is that it will easily fit even on tight spaces, providing an assurance that no area will be left uncleaned.
- Battery: It is also important that the vacuum comes with a high-powered battery. Most models can run from 90 to 120 minutes. The battery should also take only a short time to be fully recharged. Plus, the product should have the ability to automatically go back to its charging dock on its own.
- Warranty: The warranty coverage is important because it demonstrates how confident the manufacturer is about the quality of their product. Within the warranty period, if the product becomes defective, the manufacturer will offer free repair or replacement of parts, depending on the terms and conditions.
Cleaning should not be a dreaded chore, even if you have pets at home. It can be a lot easier, especially if you embrace advanced technologies. That being said, consider purchasing one of the robot vacuums that have been mentioned above, which are designed to pick up pet hair on hardwood floors.
I picked up a new Roomba 980 was 3 year and so far I’m pretty impressed. It was easy to connect to the home wifi and set up via the app on my iPhone. We have two dogs that shed a lot of hair so I’m hoping this will help keep the floors clean.
I deliberately did not clean the floors for the last two weeks to test the Roomba out. The first run I think a almost emptied an entire dogs worth of hair out of the bin. Almost the same for the second run and it’s still only done about 15% of the house.
I like how it boosts up power when it goes onto the carpet. Do you own 1 of 6 Best Robot Vacuums for Pet Hair And Hardwood Floors which we have listed above?