I hate snow and wish no not shovel so I was going to buy a single stage snow blower for the winter what is a good brand on blower prefer a middle size gas blower that won’t break down but if electric is better? I looking for a snow blower under $500 that I can lift in/out of a pickup truck. Looking for something reliable, but can’t afford commercial grade equipment?
A single-stage snow blower can be a true lifesaver, especially if you live in a place where winter can be a headache. With the use of this equipment, it will be easier to get rid of snow in places it should not be, such as in the driveway.
The price of a snow blower can easily set many people off, but this is an investment that is necessary! It can save you a lot of time and will prevent having an aching body as against to removing snow manually with the use of a shovel.
What is the best single-stage snow blower under $500? If you have no idea on the best one to buy, keep on reading the rest of this guide and we are here to help you make the right decision. We’ll go over some of the top picks, as well as the features that set them apart from the competition.
- Best Single-Stage Snow Blower under $500 Reviews
- Toro 38381 1800 Power Curve Snow Blower
- Briggs & Stratton 1022ER Single-Stage Snow Thrower
- Earthwise SN74018 Cordless Electric Snow Thrower
- Grenworks 2600202 Corded Snow Thrower
- WEN 5662 Electric Snow Thrower
- Snow Joe Ultra SJ623E Electric Snow Thrower with Light
- Snow Joe iON18SB Cordless Single Stage Snow Blower
- Snow Joe iON21SB-PRO Single-Stage Snow Blower
- Husqvarna 961830003 Single-Stage Electric Snow Thrower
- Remington RM2120 Single-Stage Gas Snow Thrower
- Why You Need A Single Stage Snow Blower?
- Whats the difference between single stage and two stage snow blowers?
- How To Choose A Best Single Stage Snow Blower ?
Best Single-Stage Snow Blower under $500 Reviews
Ready to get started? Below are some of the brands and models that should be on your radar!
Toro 38381 1800 Power Curve Snow Blower
This is one of the company’s electric snow blowers that can rival the power and performance of those that are powered by gas. It is also made by the top brand of snow blowers in the US, so your satisfaction is guaranteed. Looking at its features, one that can captivate your attention is the Power Curve System. The latter is an innovation that makes it possible to move more snow in less time. There are also controls that are strategically-positioned and user-friendly. Plus, it is also maintenance-free! Lastly, for your peace of mind, there is a two-year warranty from the manufacturer.
In this video I use Toro 1800 Power Curve Snowblower to clear my decks, walkways, and sometimes, even the entire 300 foot driveway. I also use it to blow snow off the flatter parts of my roof.
I have owned large snow blowers. But, this Toro 1800 does the job. It is light weight. It doesn’t need gasoline or oil. Since it runs on electricity, I never have problems starting it and using it.
Briggs & Stratton 1022ER Single-Stage Snow Thrower
The brand name itself is already enough reason to have it considered over others. One of its best features is the 208cc engine, although it is pretty much the standard engine rating in the product category. Despite being powerful, it is almost effortless to use. Even if you are a beginner, there is no problem in operating the equipment. Partly, this is because of the push button electric start. Even in terms of maneuverability, things do not have to be complicated. It is compact, which makes it easy to move and space-efficient when kept in the storage room when it is not the winter months.
Earthwise SN74018 Cordless Electric Snow Thrower
This model is powered by a 40-volt 4Ah brushless motor, which makes it capable of delivering an exceptional job despite its compact and lightweight body. Based on the technical specs from the manufacturer, it has a clearing width of 18 inches and a clearing depth of 12 inches. Meanwhile, the throwing distance is up to 30 feet and the maximum capacity is up to 500 pounds of snow per minute, which is pretty much impressive considering its size. There are also two LED spotlights in front, making it easy for you to work even at night.
Grenworks 2600202 Corded Snow Thrower
One thing that makes this an exceptional product is the fact that it already comes with a light, making it perfect to be used even in low-light conditions. It is not as big as the more expensive snow blowers, but it can already be decent for most tasks. To be specific, this snow thrower has a clearing width of 20 inches and a depth of 10 inches. More so, it can discharge snow at a maximum distance of 20 feet. It has a directional chute that can be adjusted up to 180 degrees.
In this video is Greenworks 12 amp electric snow blower I do like this particular snow blower. It isn’t the 26″ wide 20″ tall electric start, heated hand warmers beast my parents had that could work its way through nearly 2′ of snow, but for somebody looking to save a bit of work and money I think it is a great compromise.
WEN 5662 Electric Snow Thrower
This is one of the cheapest options from the products mentioned in this post, but that does not mean that it is inferior in terms of the performance it delivers. It has a 13.5-amp motor, which is capable of throwing snow at a maximum distance of 20 feet and can throw a maximum of 490 pounds of snow per minute. Meanwhile, the specified clearing width of this equipment is 18 inches while the clearing depth is only 7.8 inches. It has 6-inch wheels, as well as a compact and lightweight body, which means that you will not have any difficulty in moving it around.
Snow Joe Ultra SJ623E Electric Snow Thrower with Light
If you have a mid to large-sized driveway, this snow thrower will be more than enough for the job. It is equipped with a 15-amp motor, which is rated to have a moving capacity of up to 720 pounds of snow per minute, showing how a beast of a machine it is! To add, it is also a good thing that it comes with a 180-degree adjustable chute, which is capable of throwing snow at a distance of up to 25 feet. Lastly, this equipment comes with a two-year warranty from the manufacturer.
Snow Joe iON18SB Cordless Single Stage Snow Blower
With the cordless design of this snow blower, maneuverability will not be an issue. You will have the freedom to move it around, even far from the source of power. The weight of the unit is only approximately 22 pounds, which is also another reason why it is easy to move. It is equipped with an Eco-Sharp rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which is powerful enough for most jobs. When it is fully charged, it can deliver up to 50 minutes of continuous runtime. It is also worth pointing out that the motor delivers whisper-quiet operation.
Snow Joe iON21SB-PRO Single-Stage Snow Blower
This is another product from Snow Joe that deserves your attention. It shares many of the features of the model mentioned above. Nonetheless, this is a more powerful counterpart. The battery is 5aH and the clearing width is 21 inches. In the case of the model previously mentioned, the battery is only 4aH and the clearing width is only 18 inches. More so, this product also comes with a steel auger and two rubber blades, which are heavy-duty and high-capacity. It can move snow of up to 660 pounds per minute, making it perfect even for large-scale applications.
Husqvarna 961830003 Single-Stage Electric Snow Thrower
If you are after products with reliable brand names, this is one that should be on your radar. It has an electric starter that simplifies its use. Another notable feature you can find in this unit is the adjustable deflector, which will allow you to enjoy continuous throwing of the snow in a vertical direction. More so, your comfort is not a thing that you have to worry about. One of the reasons for this is the ergonomic handle, which is angled for your convenience. Even when using it for an extended period, you won’t easily feel tired.
Remington RM2120 Single-Stage Gas Snow Thrower
This is a snow thrower that is powered by a 123cc OHV engine with an electric start feature, which makes things a lot easier. It is powered by gas, so this means that there are no messy cords that you have to deal with and the reach will not be restricted. However, one of the problems with gas-powered snow blowers is that they tend to be louder compared to those that run using electricity. More so, in terms of its performance, it has a clearing width of 21 inches and a depth of 13 inches in a single pass. It is also powered by deluxe diamond tires, which can effortlessly plow even through slippery grounds.
Why You Need A Single Stage Snow Blower?
If you are still unconvinced that a single-stage blower is an investment that is necessary, here are some of the benefits that could change your mind:
- Lightweight and Compact: These snow blowers are known for their minimal weight and slim body, especially when compared to two-stage snow blowers. This means that you do not have to exert too much effort in its use. The equipment will be the one doing most of the work and not you.
- Minimal Care and Maintenance: If you are the type of person who does not have the patience to deal with the maintenance of snow removal equipment, a single-stage snow blower is for you. Even without having to do a lot, you can be confident that it will retain its premium quality.
- Affordable: Again, this is in comparison to the snow blowers with two-stage mechanisms. You can get a single-stage snow blower for less than $500. Even if the price is affordable, you can be sure that the performance is never compromised.
Whats the difference between single stage and two stage snow blowers?
There is a big difference in a single stage and two stage snow blower.
A single stage blower uses a single impeller to do both auging the snow and discharging the snow out the shoot.
Major disadvantage in heavier snow belt areas or if the snow is wet a single stage does not perform as well as a 2 stage which uses a larger motor generally a 4 stroke over a 2 stroke (gas and oil mix ) uses two augers one to pull in the snow and another to discharge the snow out the shoot .
Major advantage in wet or heavy snow conditions also 2 stage blowers are normally self propelled.
Which type of snow blower should You buy?
One of the ways to differentiate the snow blowers on the market is based on their source of power. In this case, you will basically have two choices:
- Gas-powered Single-Stage Snow Blowers: They have a 4-stroke cycle engine. They are known for being more powerful than their counterpart. However, they also tend to be louder. Some people do not like this type because it is more demanding in terms of the maintenance that is required.
- Electric Single-Stage Snow Blowers: This can have some limitations because there is a need to be near the source of power when it is used. One of its benefits, however, is that there are no gas emissions and it also tends to be quieter. These snow blowers can be further divided into two – corded and cordless.
How To Choose A Best Single Stage Snow Blower ?
Still clueless about the product to choose? To make it easier for you to come up with a well-informed decision, these are some of the most important things to consider:
- Power: One of the first things that you have to do is to look at the motor that powers the unit, which will be directly proportional to its performance. Look at the technical specifications of the motor. If you have a large property, you will need one that is more powerful.
- Clearing Width and Depth: This refers to how much snow can be cleared from the ground in a single pass. It is expressed in inches. A wider and deeper clearing path is better because this means that you will be able to do more in a short span of time.
- Capacity: The capacity refers to how many pounds of snow it can throw per minute. The higher the capacity is, the more you can do at a time. Aside from the capacity, it is also essential to look at the distance the snow can be thrown after it is eliminated from the source.
- Comfort: Getting rid of snow in the driveway can be a tiring process. Therefore, you also have to look at the features that will be indicative of comfort. For instance, there should be an ergonomic handle with rubber grips. It will also be good if the handle is adjustable based on the position that you are most comfortable with. It should not produce too much vibration or generate a loud noise.
- Durability: You also have to examine the different parts of the snow blower and make sure that it is made of high-quality materials. This is especially true in the case of the auger, which is the part that directly gets in contact with the snow. See to it that it can withstand the test of time to be provided with the best value for the money.
- Lights: This is an extra feature that can be beneficial if you are working at night or in low light conditions. It provides the illumination that you need in the area, making it easier to accomplish the task at hand.
- Tires: The tires should be designed in such a way that they can enhance the maneuverability of the unit. To add, it should have exceptional traction, allowing you to move the unit easily even on slippery surfaces.
Now that you are done reading this post, it is up to you to decide which one to buy. All of the ten products mentioned above are exceptional in their own ways. Using these snow blowers can spare you the trouble of doing the work manually. It requires minimal effort on your end while guaranteeing exceptional outcomes.