What is the best steam mop for hardwood and tile floors? Cleaning hardwood and tile floors may seem like an easy task, but it can actually be tricky. Among others, one of the most important is to make sure that you have the right tools. An essential cleaning equipment that you need to have is a steam mop.
When there is too much moisture, it can seep in between hardwood floors and can damage the surface. For tiles, on the other hand, it must effectively deal with grout.
Are you on the lookout for the best steam mop for hardwood and tile floors? If you are undecided about what to buy, read on and we will help you come up with the right decision, making sure that you will be able to get the best bang for the buck!
- What is The Best Steam Mop for Hardwood and Tile Floors?
- BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop Tile and Hard Wood Floor Cleaner, 1940
- O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop with Extra Refill
- SharkNinja S1000A Shark Steam Mop for vinyl floors
- LIGHT ‘N’ EASY All-In-One Steam Mop S3601
- Bissell Steam Mop Select, Titanium 94E9T
- Smart Living Steam Mop Plus
- Shark Genius S5003D Steam Pocket Mop for hardwood floors
- SKG 1,500-watt Hot Steam Mop
- Steam Fast SF-295 3-in-1 Steam Mop
- Hoover Steam Mop Twin Tank System Cleaner
- Is it OK to use a steam mop on hardwood floors and tile floors?
- Choosing the Best Steam Mop for Hardwood and Tile Floors
- Tips for Using a Steam Mop
- Wrap Up
What is The Best Steam Mop for Hardwood and Tile Floors?
In this section, we will have a quick look at some of the brands and models that should be under your radar, as well as a few of the reasons why they are amongst the most exceptional choices.
BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop Tile and Hard Wood Floor Cleaner, 1940
Made by one of the most popular brands in the market for steam mops and vacuum cleaners, this model is effective in cleaning up to 99.9% of germs and dirt on the floor. The mop has a 12-inch cleaning path, allowing it to clean more within a single pass.
It has a variable steam control, allowing you to choose which setting is more suitable for a specific cleaning application. There are three steam levels that are available. The water tank is on the top of the mop, which makes it easy to fill. The kit comes with a soft mop pad, washable scrubby mop pad, and fragrance discs for the floor to smell fresh after cleaning.
Consumer reviews of Bissell powerfresh steam mop include comments such as:
It is so easy to use and does a fantastic job on both my tile and hard wood floors.The entire system is extremely easy to use.
Cleaning without cleanser The Bissell Power Fresh Steam Mop is a very easy to handle and effective tool to clean and sanitize hard floors. Unlike other devices, this does not use soap, detergent or any type of cleaning agent. It simply uses steam and a microfiber cleaning pad. It is a winner and does a fantastic job on tile and other hard floors.
Easy assembly, quick steam-ready, long cord and scrub brush accessory. Very impressed with the grout cleaning using the scrub brush and steam! Floors look great!
O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop with Extra Refill
Within just 20 seconds from turning it on, the steam mop will be ready to clean. With a weight of only five pounds, it won’t require too much effort on your end to have it moved around. Aside from the lightweight body, it is also a good thing that it comes with a space-efficient design.
It also has an adjustable steam setting, as well as a triangular head that allows it to reach even tight surfaces. There are two washable microfiber pads that are included when you purchase this kit. There is also a snap-on glider, which means that you can use it not only on hardwood and tile floors but also on a carpet.
SharkNinja S1000A Shark Steam Mop for vinyl floors
Cleaning and sanitizing your floor, whether it is made of tiles or hardwood, will be almost effortless when you have this steam mop as your ultimate cleaning companion. It is lightweight and compact, which makes it space-efficient and easy to move around.
Maneuverability will never be an issue. It produces on-demand steam within just 30 seconds, so there is no need to wait for a long time before you can finally mop the floor. There is also an extra-large tank that does not need to be frequently refilled with water.
Consumer reviews of Shark Steam Mop S1000A include comments such as:
It’s not a miracle worker but it’s a handy little cleaning tool. with tips if you dampen the microfiber cloth before starting it helps a lot. Another tip is that you really have to pump the mop and you go back and forth over the floor. The more force you put behind it, the more it will steam and thus thoroughly clean the floors.
I have 10 year old vinyl tile floors and this does a great job on them! I liked the Shark Steam Mop as soon as I used it. After I Swiffered the floor for excess dust, I used the steam mop and was surprised at how much unseen dirt came up.
It works great on both wood and tile, and makes cleaning up really sticky stuff much easier. It sanitizes without the use of chemicals safe if you have a baby or pet.
LIGHT ‘N’ EASY All-In-One Steam Mop S3601
This 5-in-1 steam mop is a great investment because of its multiple cleaning application, making it deliver the best bang for the buck. It can be used as five different cleaning appliances, which will make it perfect not just for the floor. The steam level can also be adjusted in three ways. Plus, with the wide cleaning path, you can be done cleaning within a short span of time. It is able to clean up to 99.9% of germs on the surface in a way that is chemical-free since it uses only powerful steam.
Consumer reviews of Light ‘n easy steam mopinclude comments such as:
I hated using chemicals to clean my laminate floor and kitchen tile. It cleaning without chemicals and the floor looks great.
The Light ‘n Easy Steam Mop is perfect. Exceptionally light weight, it swivels into all corners, and shoots out a very dry steam that cleans circles around any mop. And I don’t have to use chemicals, which is important to me.
Easy steam mop. So simple to use and clean up is super easy.
Bissell Steam Mop Select, Titanium 94E9T
Made by the same manufacturer as the product above, this is another option worth considering. It is affordable, but you can be sure that performance is never compromised. It is 100% chemical free, making it perfect for an eco-friendly cleaner.
There is a 17-ounce removable tank that is also easy to fill with water. It is transparent, allowing you to easily see how much water is left inside. There is an ergonomic trigger in a strategic position, providing an assurance of your comfort when cleaning, even for an extended period. Two microfiber pads are included. Lastly, it has a one-year limited warranty.
Consumer reviews of Bissell steam mop select titanium 94e9t include comments such as:
It cleans floors well. I have only used it on ceramic tile. I have found from past experience steam mops don’t really work well on hard wood or laminated wood – it leaves streaks. However, for ceramic tile it is perfect and because of the hot steam the floor in sanitized which is great for bathrooms.
It worked fine on tile floor areas This is an excellent affordable product, light and easy to use, maneuver and very effective.
Smart Living Steam Mop Plus
Cleaning hard surfaces will definitely be an easier task with the use of this steam mop. The best thing is that it does not require the need to use detergents with harsh chemicals that can be bad for your health and the environment.
Instead, it makes use of high-temperature steam. The mop can reach up to 110 degrees Celsius within a few minutes. This redefines green cleaning without the need to sacrifice the cleaning performance of the mop. It comes with a microfiber pad that can be reused, which makes it economical to use in the long run.
Consumer reviews of Smart living steam mop pads include comments such as:
Much better for the environment to just used distilled water instead of chemicals. Makes the laminate floors look so soft & clean. My floors feel so clean and I use water, and sometimes I add a little white vinegar to smart living steam mop.
It is lightweight and super easy to put together and use. I love cleaning with just water. It is so much safer for people with pets or children. But it not good for cleaning carpet.
Shark Genius S5003D Steam Pocket Mop for hardwood floors
If you are cleaning sealed hardwood and tile floors, this is an equipment that you will love. Among others, one of its best features is the Touch-Free Technology. This means that you will never have to touch the dirty scrub pads.
The mop head will automatically open when you push a button to release the dirty pad. Meanwhile, with the Steam Blaster, there is a powerful jet steam that is produced to clean even the toughest dirt on the floor. For versatility, there are three settings for various cleaning tasks.
Consumer reviews of Shark genius steam pocket mop s5003d include comments such as:
The best steam cleaner I have ever owned. Super impressed with how clean the hardwood floor was. Easy to use. Cleans so much better than my previous Shark Steam Mop.
SKG 1,500-watt Hot Steam Mop
The 1,500-watt motor of this steam mop is one of its best features, which is responsible for the powerful cleaning performance it can deliver. It creates steam with a maximum temperature of 212 degrees Fahrenheit, which is why it cleans even without detergent. The results are similar to professional services without the need to spend a fortune. There are versatile accessories that are included to make it a multifunctional cleaning equipment. The mop already comes with three microfiber pads. Lastly, for your peace of mind, the manufacturer is offering a one-month free trial and two-year limited warranty.
Steam Fast SF-295 3-in-1 Steam Mop
The 3-in-1 functionality of this steam mop is the main reason why it is a part of our list of the top picks on the market. Aside from being a steam mop, it also functions as a fabric steamer and hand-held steam cleaner. The heat up time is only 30 seconds and can produce steam continuously for up to 25 minutes. The removable tank, meanwhile, can hold up to 15 ounces of water. It is also a good thing that it comes with an LCD display control that will allow you to choose from seven steam settings. Lastly, there are nine accessories that are included as part of the kit.
Hoover Steam Mop Twin Tank System Cleaner
The two-tank system of the steam mop is one of the reasons why we have included this on our list of the top products on the market. You will have the opportunity to choose whether you would like to clean using steam alone or with a disinfectant solution.
When you purchase this steam mop, it is already inclusive of an 8-ounce cleaning solution that has been formulated and made exclusively by Hoover. There is a 30-foot cord, which is long enough so that your movements will not be limited, even when you are cleaning a large area. The small mop head is also a good thing as it allows it to easily clean even tight spaces.
Is it OK to use a steam mop on hardwood floors and tile floors?
Yes, If you think that a steam mop is unnecessary and wondered if it was safe for hardwood floors, here are some of the benefits that can convince you that it is indeed essential for cleaning your hardwood and tile floors:
• Natural Cleaning Method: The best thing about a steam mop is that it uses steam or heat to clean the floor. It does not use detergents that contain toxic ingredients. Therefore, it allows you to clean your floors in a manner that is eco-friendly.
• Gets Rid of Bacteria: Even without using chemical-based detergents, steam mops can successfully eradicate up to 99.9% of the dirt and germs on the surface, depending on the product that you will choose. This will make the home cleaner and safer!
• User-Friendly: Most of the steam mops are lightweight and easy to maneuver. There is no need to worry about ease of use. Also, because of the powerful steam it generates, there is no need to scrub the floor to get rid of stubborn dirt and stains. Even tile grouts will not be a problem.
• Multipurpose: This will depend on the brand or model that you will pick. There are products that can function as a multifunctional cleaning equipment, such as a handheld steam cleaner.
Choosing the Best Steam Mop for Hardwood and Tile Floors
To make it easier for you to come up with the right choice with regards to the steam mop to buy, take the time to consider the factors that are briefly mentioned below:
• Size of Area to be Cleaned: Is it for a large home or a small house? The floor area that will be cleaned has an impact on your choice of a steam mop. For large spaces, there should be a large tank, which means that it will contain more water to be used for an extended period of cleaning.
• Scrub Pad: In the case of most of the products that have been mentioned in this post, the cleaning cloth is made of microfiber fabric. This is an excellent choice because it is gentle, and hence, will be able to clean without scratching your floor.
• Heat Up Time: Many people do not have the patience to wait for a long time before the steam mop heats up. As much as possible, choose one that will heat within 20 to 30 seconds after turning it on.
• Ease of Use: Look at the features that will be indicative of being user-friendly. For instance, the controls should be in strategic positions. The tank should also be easy to fill. The unit, meanwhile, should be effortless to move around, which is why it should be as lightweight as possible.
• Versatility: It will be good to choose one that comes with multiple attachments that can be used for cleaning applications. The mop should also have several steam levels so that you can select which one is appropriate for a specific cleaning task.
• Power Cord: This is one thing that is often ignored by many buyers despite its importance. If the power cord is too short, this means that your movements will be limited since you will need to be near the source of power all the time.
• Warranty: A longer warranty is better, but most manufacturers will have their products covered only for a year. Within the warranty period, they will provide free repair or replacement of the damaged parts depending on the terms and conditions that have been specified.
Tips for Using a Steam Mop
Once you already have a high-quality steam mop, here are some of the tips to keep in mind to be able to make the most out of your new cleaning tool:
• The first thing that you need to do is to prepare the floor before steam mopping. Sweep or vacuum the floor before anything else. Get rid of the large traces of dirt that you can see on the surface.
• Take note of the fact that the steam mop is not to be used in a floor that is heavily dirty. It is only for light cleaning tasks for floors that are regularly maintained.
• Look at the scrub pad and see if it already needs to be changed. Using it beyond what is necessary will only bring back the dirt on the floor.
• Specifically, in the case of hardwood floors, the steam mop should be used only when the floor is sealed. Otherwise, moisture can penetrate in between and can damage the floor materials.
• When you are not using the steam mop, keep it in a safe place, such as a cabinet. It should be away from dirt and other external elements that could speed up its wear. Avoid storing it for a prolonged period without being used once in a while.
With the best steam mop for hardwood and tile floors that have been mentioned above, cleaning should not be a dreaded task. The models mentioned above are user-friendly and delivers exceptional cleaning performance with the use of steam. It is an eco-friendly way to keep the floor free of dirt and germs!