Vacuuming is one of the most important regular cleaning tasks to keep your floor in its best condition. Not all vacuums, however, are created the same. You need to first consider the material the floor is made of before you decide which vacuum cleaner is the best. It must be able to clean without causing damages on the surface of the floor.
For carpets and hardwood floors, you need to find a vacuum that can clean both hard and delicate surfaces. If you have no idea on which one it should be, keep on reading the rest of this post and allow us to help you pick the right product. Be a wise buyer and take the time to go through the possibilities before you make a decision on what to choose.
- 10 Top Vacuums for Hardwood floors and Carpet
- 1. Shark NV752 Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum with HEPA Filter
- 2. Dyson Cyclone V10 Motorhead Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 3. Shark Rocket Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum for Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaning with Swivel Steering HV302
- 4. Eureka 169K 2-in-1 Quick-Up Bagless Stick Vacuum Cleaner for Bare Floors and Rugs
- 5. Miele Complete C2 Hard Floor Canister Vacuum Cleaner with SBD285-3 Combination Rug and Floor Tool
- 6. MOOSOO Cordless Vacuum 4 in 1 Powerful Suction Stick Handheld Vacuum Cleaner for Home Hard Floor Carpet Car Pet
- 7. VMAI Cordless Vacuum Cleaner and Mop for Hardwood Floor & Area Rugs
- 8. BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner 2252
- 9. BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Flex Cordless Stick Vacuum with Floor Head and Pet Hair Brush
- 10. Eufy RoboVac 11S MAX Robot Vacuum For Cleans Hard Floors to Medium-Pile Carpets
- Care and Maintenance of Hardwood Floors and Carpet
10 Top Vacuums for Hardwood floors and Carpet
Here are ten of the products that have been well-received in the market, which you should definitely include in your list of choices.
1. Shark NV752 Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum with HEPA Filter
One of the most impressive features of this versatile cleaning tool is the fingertip control. With the latter, it will be effortless to switch cleaning modes from hardwood to carpet. This allows you to easily clean different types of surfaces.
It is also a good thing that it is equipped with LED lights, which makes it possible to navigate through dark areas, such as under the furniture.
Meanwhile, for ease of maneuverability, it has dynamic swivel steering. This is a revolutionary design feature that provides ease of control when moving the vacuum cleaner around. This is a great way to minimize fatigue when you are cleaning.
Lastly, it comes with a motorized brush for multipurpose cleaning, such as when removing pet hair from the carpet.
2. Dyson Cyclone V10 Motorhead Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
For hassle-free cleaning, this cordless vacuum can prove to be an excellent choice. It is powered by a lightweight battery that can provide continuous suction for up to 60 minutes, which means that you will not be interrupted as you clean.
It comes with a direct-drive cleaner head. It has bristles that can penetrate deep into the carpet to make sure that no dirt and dust will be left on the surface.
This can also be great in terms of versatility since it can be converted into a handheld vacuum cleaner for other applications. Because of this, it can be an ideal tool for floor-to-ceiling cleaning. There is also a mini soft brush attachment, which can be great for cleaning keyboards and other things at home.
On our hardwood floors using the soft roller cleaner head the low setting picks up everything, we needed to. If we got to a stubborn area we would hit it quickly on medium. In our carpeted bedrooms and on our rugs we would use the carpet head and switch between low and medium depending on the area/thickness of the carpet. We vacuumed a lot of hardwood, some tile, three carpeted bedrooms, the couch, and still had some battery to spare. My advice is to use the low setting on hard surfaces and switch to medium temporarily for a tough spot, instead of using the medium as a default.
3. Shark Rocket Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum for Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaning with Swivel Steering HV302
A lot of its features are similar to the vacuum we first mentioned, which is also from the same manufacturer. There is a fingertip control that will allow the user to easily switch from carpet to hardwood floor. It also has swivel steering that makes it almost effortless to maneuver.
Aside from swivel steering, another thing that makes it easy to use is the fact that it is lightweight. Weighing only almost eight pounds, it will not require too much effort on your end to use this vacuum and you will not easily complain of fatigue.
To make it versatile, the manufacturer included home and car detail kit, which will allow you to use it in more ways than one. There is also a washable microfiber pad, which is perfect for cleaning hardwood to avoid scratches.
4. Eureka 169K 2-in-1 Quick-Up Bagless Stick Vacuum Cleaner for Bare Floors and Rugs
If value for money is what you are looking for, you definitely have a good reason to choose this vacuum. It comes with a practical price and can deliver two functions in one product. It can be used both as a stick and a handheld vacuum cleaner.
The permanent and washable filter is also a plus, which makes it easy to maintain. This is unlike other vacuums that will frequently ask for a filter replacement.
5. Miele Complete C2 Hard Floor Canister Vacuum Cleaner with SBD285-3 Combination Rug and Floor Tool
This is an expensive vacuum, but there is a reason why such is the case. Among others, one would be its powerful cleaning performance, which can be attributed to its 1,200-watt motor. To add, the suction has six different settings. All that you have to do is to turn the dial to choose which one is appropriate based on the type of surface that you are cleaning.
The AirClean Sealed System is one more thing that makes it impressive, specifically in terms of filtration. It is capable of capturing up to 99% of allergens present.
There is also a VarioClip that is in a strategic position for ease of accessibility. The latter will make it easy to get hold of the accessories that you will need, such as the crevice nozzle and the dusting brush.
We have hardwood floors, tile & laminate flooring, and area rugs. The vacuum work is good without the turbo nozzle on bare floors, but it is fabulous on the area rugs with the turbo nozzle. It is a pretty expensive accessory, but it is worth the money to get the fluff and cat hair off the area rugs. The fringe just stops the brush from turning. No damage to the nozzle or the carpet.
6. MOOSOO Cordless Vacuum 4 in 1 Powerful Suction Stick Handheld Vacuum Cleaner for Home Hard Floor Carpet Car Pet
With the use of this product, vacuuming will not be a dreaded task. One of the reasons for this is that it is only 3.3lb. Since it is lightweight, you will not easily become tired even if you are cleaning a large area.
The vacuum is cordless and is powered by a 2,200 mAh lithium-ion battery. When the battery is fully charged, it can run up to 40 minutes under low speed and 25 minutes under high speed. Switching between two suction speeds will be easy. It performs well on all kinds of hard floors, carpet, stairs and windowsills, sofa and bed, desk and curtain, etc
Lastly, there is also a one-pass cleaning feature. This guarantees that the dirt will be cleaned out of the surface from the first time that the vacuum passes through.
7. VMAI Cordless Vacuum Cleaner and Mop for Hardwood Floor & Area Rugs
One of the best features of this multi-surface vacuum cleaner is the smart touch control. This is also one of the reasons why it is exceptional in terms of being user-friendly. Your fingertips will easily reach the buttons that will make it quick to change the cleaning function depending on the type of the floor.
Another good feature of this vacuum is the two-tank system. The latter keeps the clean and dirty water separate from each other.
Meanwhile, it also comes with a dual-action brush roll. It comes with a nylon and microfiber brush that can deliver effective cleaning and quick drying time.
Not like a traditional vacuum cleaner are for carpet only, but this can be used on the hardwood to make your life a lot easier. It’s not just a vacuum but can also mop in wet and after it moped the mess you can simply press the self-clean bottom and it will be self-cleaning so it will be ready for your next use. It is very easy to assemble the different parts. Removing the dirty water container and empty it out is easy. The battery-powered vacuum is light to operate.
8. BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner 2252
To provide an assurance that it will deliver a fool-proof cleaning performance, it has no-loss suction technology. This means that regardless of how tough the dirt is, you can expect that it will deliver continuous cleaning.
If you have pets at home, this is the perfect cleaning tool to have. It has a powerful pet hair pick up with triple action brush roll and scatter free technology, which can be effective in the removal of pet hair regardless of the type of floor that is being cleaned.
Lastly, it also features three-stage filtration, which is great for making sure that dust will not be able to escape. This also extends the functional life of the vacuum cleaner.
9. BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Flex Cordless Stick Vacuum with Floor Head and Pet Hair Brush
This vacuum is powered by a 20V Max Lithium-Ion battery. The latter is lightweight and powerful, making it great for dependable performance and easy cleaning. There is also a charging base that is included. Once the vacuum is docked, it will be automatically recharged.
It is also a great vacuum if you are looking for versatility since you can use it in more ways than one. There is a rubberized brush that is specifically designed for getting rid of pet hair. There is also a stick vac attachment that comes with a pivoting head for cleaning areas that are hard to reach.
10. Eufy RoboVac 11S MAX Robot Vacuum For Cleans Hard Floors to Medium-Pile Carpets
This is the only robotic vacuum from the ten products that are mentioned in this post. It has a wide array of exceptional features, but one of the most notable is the Power Boost Technology, which automatically increases the suction power based on a specific cleaning task.
More so, it also has 3-point cleaning system. It makes use of three different components to make sure that no amount of dirt will remain on the surface.
The battery is also exceptional as it has a high capacity. When it is fully charged, it can perform a cleaning time of up to 100 minutes.
Care and Maintenance of Hardwood Floors and Carpet
To make sure that your hardwood floor and carpet will retain its best appearance and condition for a long time, here are some of the most important things that you have to keep in mind:
- When accidents happen, such as when you spill coffee or an ink, blotch the area as soon as possible. Spot treatment will work best if it is done immediately. Wipe it off with an absorbent cloth.
- If you are cleaning hardwood floor, do not use any buffing or sharp tool. This can cause scratches that can be irreparable.
- If you are cleaning a carpet, be careful to not use the strongest suction as this can damage the light and fluffy materials that cover the surface. Dry cleaning is also best, especially if the carpet is made of fragile materials.
- Do not use a cleaning solution that contains strong beach or alkali. They will have harsh chemicals that can damage the floor, regardless if it is hardwood or carpet.
Keep an eye on the attachments of the vacuum that you are using. See to it that they are changed depending on the material of the floor. For instance, use the hard floor attachment if you are vacuuming hardwood.