Looking for a dehumidifier that will be best for the bathroom and basement? Keep on reading the rest of this post and I will let you know some of the top options that are available on the market. They will be effective for a damp bathroom, getting rid of excess moisture that can put your health at risk. The options will be plenty, but this does not mean that you can choose just any model.
You need to have a dehumidifier in the bathroom. It is small and compact, yet it can do a lot in improving indoor air quality, especially when it comes to the prevention of mold and mildew. To avoid having regrets with the purchase decision that you will make, keep an eye on the ten products that have been mentioned in this post.
- Best Small Dehumidifier for Bathroom 2019
- Eva-Dry E333 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier
- Best 1500ml dehumidifier Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier
- Cordless Dehumidifier for Bathroom EcoSeb DD122EA-Simple
- Dehumidifier in Bathroom after Shower Home Labs Small
- Gurin Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier for Bathroom
- Hysure Electric Dehumidifier Basement Kitchen Bedroom
- 41oz Capacity Electric Dehumidifier Portable Mini Air
- Best Dehumidifier for Bathroom 2019
- What size dehumidifier do I need for bathroom?
- Why You Need a Dehumidifier In Bathroom
- How To Choosing The Right Bathroom Dehumidifier
- How to Prevent Mold and Mildew in the Bathroom
Best Small Dehumidifier for Bathroom 2019
To start with, here are some of the dehumidifiers with the right size for a bathroom, as well as the features that make them notable.
|Cordless Dehumidifier for Bathroom EcoSeb DD122EA-Simple||1200 Cubic Feet||$$|
|Eva-Dry E333 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier||333 Cubic Feet||$|
|Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier||1200 Cubic Feet||$|
|hOmeLabs Small Space Dehumidifier||1200 Cubic Feet||$|
|Gurin Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier||1100 Cubic Feet||$|
|Hysure Electric Dehumidifier Basement||1400 Cubic Feet||$|
|41oz Capacity Electric Dehumidifier Portable Mini Air||2200 Cubic Feet||$|
|Frigidaire 50-Pint Dehumidifier||50 Pint||$$|
|Pure Enrichment Deluxe Mini Dehumidifier||1200 Cubic Feet||$|
Eva-Dry E333 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier
Small but powerful – this is what could perfectly describe this mini renewable dehumidifier. It uses renewable silica technology to draw out moisture from the bathroom, which is good enough for rooms that are up to 333 cubic feet. There is a window that will change color from orange to green to indicate that the maximum capacity has been reached. It has no light, so you have to check the actual color of the beads. On average, this will take about 20 to 30 days without the need to renew. All that is needs is for the beads to be ventilated for it to renew and to be used again.
Overall, Recommended product for small only mildly humid space. It is not powerful enough to dehumidify any space larger than approximately 50 square feet and with budget under $50 I recommend you refer eva dry edv 1100 electric petite dehumidifier this little dehumidifier is great for a bedroom or walk in closet. I use it in my my master bedroom which has a bathroom and retains a lot of humidity because of the bathroom. The unit is quiet in fact it sounds like white noise. So far I’ve had it for a week and the water container has filled halfway keep in mind I don’t have it on all day. It is super quiet!
Best 1500ml dehumidifier Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier
With this compact dehumidifier, it will be more than enough for a bathroom with a maximum size of 1200 square feet. It has a moisture removal rate of 9 ounces per day, which is already decent given its size. The tank has a large capacity of 16 ounces. It is equipped with a whisper-quiet motor. It also consumes minimal energy, so there is no need to worry if you leave it turned on for an extended period. There is also an auto-off feature and a LED indicator that provides immediate notification when there is a need to empty the tank.
All it takes to make the air less humid and safer is installing this small dehumidifier. It’s perfect for the kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, laundry room, RV, basements and many other places. It’s very small and compact and carrying or moving it won’t be a problem.
Cordless Dehumidifier for Bathroom EcoSeb DD122EA-Simple
This desiccant dehumidifier weighs only 13.2 pounds and has a noise output of only 34 dBa. It also has a handle that makes it excellent in terms of portability. The water tank has a capacity of two liters and it can be connected to a drain, which will prevent the need to empty the drain manually. There is also an anti-tilt protection for its safe operation. Meanwhile, there is a rotary dial that makes it easy to control its functions. There is also an economy turbo switch and automatic restart.
Overall , you should buy this dehumidifier if you are after great performance, and if you are after a dehumidifying device that gets rid of bacteria as well as any other microorganisms in the air of your home.
EcoSeb DD122EA-SIMPLE is the ideal unit for removing excess moisture from storage areas, boats, garages, homes, offices and even the basements. You should buy this dehumidifier if you are in need of high quality dehumidification features. The unit will provide you improved safety through its anti-tilt protection mechanism.
Dehumidifier in Bathroom after Shower Home Labs Small
This product has a capacity of 16 ounces and will be more than enough for a space with a size of 1,200 cubic feet, making it an ideal choice for the bathroom. At its size, it will already be able to extract a total of 9 ounces of moisture in a day. It is not only energy-efficient, but it is also quiet. You won’t notice that it is there. It also features auto shut-off technology to save energy. There is LED indicator on the top, which will let you know when it is time to empty the tank. Lastly, this is a user-friendly dehumidifier. All that you have to do is to plug it, turn it on, and let it do the magic.
Effectiveness in lower the humidity in humid environments. If you really dislike cleaning every time someone takes a shower, let’s got this dehumidifier to put in the bathroom. It is the perfect size, and works great to get rid of extra moisture after showers and if you’re on a tight budget under $50, the Home Labs Small Dehumidifier is still a good dehumidifier. It will dehumidify fairly quickly and it will do so fairly quietly. Plug it in, turn it on, and once the basin is full, the machine automatically shuts off. A great investment for anyone with humidity issues in their bathrooms.
Gurin Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier for Bathroom
This is a compact dehumidifier that will be good enough for up to 1,100 cubic feet. It has the ultra-quiet technology, so you won’t even know that it is there. There is a removable tank with a maximum capacity of 16 ounces. This will be enough to capture up to 8 ounces of moisture daily. It also has an indicator light to let you know when the tank is full. If it is not emptied, the unit will power off on its own.
This is a small dehumidifier which makes it perfect for use in small rooms, mid-sized rooms, for basement and is ideal for use in bathrooms as well. This eliminates the issues associated with humidity and dampness. It is solid additionally particularly for your lungs. Not to miss, installation is very simple to do.This dehumidifier is superbly suitable for locales with high humidity.
Hysure Electric Dehumidifier Basement Kitchen Bedroom
With a noise output of less than 33dB, you can be sure that this will never be annoying, even when it is used in a small bathroom. Despite being compact, it has a 700-ml water reservoir that is capable of extracting up to 300ml of moisture in a day.
Meanwhile, it also has a low-energy consumption even if you leave it turned on round the clock. To provide you with peace of mind, the manufacturer is offering a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are unhappy with its performance. The dehumidifier also comes with a 24-month warranty.
Very good and useful especially if you have humid basement, it keeps the mold away ok for small areas quiet and low profile.
41oz Capacity Electric Dehumidifier Portable Mini Air
If you are looking for a bathroom dehumidifier that excels when it comes to aesthetics, this should be on the top of your list. There are two air inlets that will be effective in absorbing up to 250ml of moisture in a day. The tank, meanwhile, has a capacity of 41 ounces. It is not just for a bathroom, but also for a room with a size of up to 220 square feet. The noise it produces is below 30dB, which makes it ultra-quiet when it is operating. There is a full-tank LED indicator and an automatic shut off when the tank is full.
Best Dehumidifier for Bathroom 2019
Best 50 Pint Dehumidifier Frigidaire
If you have a large bathroom, this 50-pint dehumidifier will be an excellent option. The tank will be able to hold up to 16.3 ounces of water. It is quite bulky and heavy but moving it around will not be a hard task since it comes with a wheeled design. It can operate continuously as long as there is a drain nearby. There is no need to empty the tank manually. It has electronic controls and a convenient 24-hour on/off function. Other notable features include full tank alert system, front-loading bucket, splash guard, and automatic shut-off. It is also Energy-Star certified.
Frigidaire 50 pint dehumidifier is one of the most powerful dehumidifiers on the market, period. It’s top quality recommendation for dehumidifiers in general, and more than satisfied with how it performs in a your house.
Because it takes up such a small footprint, I think it’s the ultimate choice for solving your bathroom’s moisture problem. The Frigidaire can handle even the most severe levels of dampness or moisture, and put a stop to your mold and mildew problems in the first day of use. Plus, it’ll make a big difference in the rest of your house as it works!
Pure Enrichment Deluxe Mini Dehumidifier
With the advanced humidity control that this product can provide, the bathroom will be a better place. It can get rid out of 10 ounces of moisture in a day despite the fact that it is compact. The tank is easy to remove once the maximum capacity is reached. The tank, on the other hand, has a maximum capacity of 27 ounces. It is also user-friendly as it has one-button control. There is also an automatic shut-off, an essential safety feature for a dehumidifier.
What size dehumidifier do I need for bathroom?
You will don’t spend more than $300 on any bathroom or basement house dehumidifier. Even the most severe moisture problems can be dealt with for less than $300. If you’re trying to dehumidify your whole living space from a central bathroom location, you can still get the job done with a unit under $300.
If you have a very small bathroom and a small budget, or only a mild moisture problem, Eva Dry dehumidifier is best to recommend.
For small to medium bathrooms, with moderate dampness, I highly recommend the EcoSeb DD122EA dehumidifier. It’s a very reasonably-priced solution for people who need a full-size dehumidifier, but don’t want to spend a premium for something like the Frigidaire.
It’s more than powerful enough to handle the average bathroom, even if you have some mold and mildew going on already. Plus, the digital humidity controls make it infinitely more reliable and convenient to use than the Eva Dry.
But if you have a severe moisture issue in your bathroom, own a home with a large bathroom, or want your bathroom dehumidifier to reduce the moisture in the rest of your house, the Frigidaire is the best choice. It’s by far the most powerful unit here. It has all of the features on the EdgeStar, with better efficiency and quieter operation.
A 30-pint dehumidifier is suitable for basements and crawl spaces of up to 1,500 square feet. 40 to 50-pint dehumidifiers tend to fall somewhere in the middle of the range as far as capacity is concerned. Again, they are suitable for spaces up to 2,000 square feet in size much like the 30-pint units.
In looking for a dehumidifier, it is important that you are familiar with the different types that are available, which include the following:
- Desiccant: This is a small type of dehumidifier that comes with silica gels, which are the ones responsible for the absorption of moisture. The gels need to be replaced weekly or monthly, depending on the size of the dehumidifier. The main benefit of this type is that there is no need for a power source.
- Mechanical or Refrigeration: It uses a cold and refrigerated coil to be able to pull moisture out of the air. The coil is where the moisture condenses and then it is pumped to a collection tank. Because it uses a compressor, one of the drawbacks is that it can produce a loud noise.
- Peltier or Thermo-Electric: If you want a compact and ultra-quiet dehumidifier, this is what you should choose. It has a heat pump that heats the collector surface to pull moisture. It has no pump and moving parts, which also makes maintenance effortless.
Why You Need a Dehumidifier In Bathroom
If you think that a dehumidifier is an unnecessary expense, you have to be familiar with its benefits, which will provide you with compelling benefits to invest in one.
- Prevents Allergies: If you often suffer from allergies, you will benefit from installing a dehumidifier in the bathroom. It gets rid of dust and allergens. This will reduce the chances of having asthma and other problems triggered by allergies.
- Prevents Mold and Mildew: The bathroom is one of the most common places at home where mold and mildew can be present. A dehumidifier can help to fight them. This is done by removing excess moisture from the air.
- Prevents Rust: There are many metal components in the bathroom that can be easily prone to rusting because of the excessive moisture that is present. A good way to prevent this problem is to use a dehumidifier.
- Stops Condensation: Wallpaper and paint can be easily damaged when there is condensation in the bathroom, which will cause it to peel and blister. To prevent condensation, you need to have a dehumidifier.
- Eliminates Foul Smell: Have you ever entered a bathroom with an unpleasant smell? There are many ways to keep the bathroom smelling fresh, and one of the best would be through using a dehumidifier as it prevents dampness.
How To Choosing The Right Bathroom Dehumidifier
While there are countless options that are available on the market, not all of them can provide the best bang for the buck. To come up with the right decision, these are some of the most important things you have to consider:
- Size: Here, we are referring to the size of the bathroom and the size of the dehumidifier. It should be small enough to fit in a compact space, but make sure that it is suitable for the size of the bathroom where it will be used. For a room that is about 300 square feet, choose a 15-pint dehumidifier.
- Power Consumption: A dehumidifier will be turned on round the clock, which is why it is important to choose one that consumes minimal power. Pick a product with Energy-Star certification. If it is a desiccant dehumidifier, there is no need to worry about power consumption.
- Ease of Use: The dehumidifier should have user-friendly features, such as a single button that simplifies the operation. Care and maintenance also need to be effortless on your end.
- Efficiency: This refers to the amount of moisture that can be pulled out of the air in a day. Most of the bathroom dehumidifiers have a capacity of 8 to 20 ounces of moisture per day.
- Tank Capacity: It refers to the amount of water that the tank can hold before it is emptied. Choose one that has automatic shut-off once the tank has reached its full capacity.
- Warranty: Within the warranty period, the dehumidifier will be covered against defects and problems in workmanship, which will provide you with peace of mind.
How to Prevent Mold and Mildew in the Bathroom
While using a dehumidifier will help in the prevention of mold and mildew, there are other things that you can do, which include the following:
- A good fan is one of the must-haves in the bathroom. Air circulation is an effective way to eliminate mold and mildew. Like a dehumidifier, it also pulls moisture out of the air.
- Make a squeegee your best friend. After taking a shower, find the time to run a squeegee off the wall. Doing this will be effective in getting rid of up to ¾ of moisture.
- You should also frequently clean the shower curtains and rugs. They often get wet and can be a major factor in the growth of mold and mildew.
- Look for possible sources of leaks and fix them immediately. Otherwise, there will be attractive places for mold to be present.
- In terms of cleaning, use natural products as they do not contain harsh ingredients that can be toxic. A good example of this is vinegar. Baking soda will also do the trick.
You need to have a dehumidifier in the bathroom and basement. It is small and compact, yet it can do a lot in improving indoor air quality, especially when it comes to the prevention of mold and mildew. To avoid having regrets with the purchase decision that you will make, keep an eye on the ten products that have been mentioned in this post.