Do you want to look for something to remove pet odors in a couch, such as human and dog urine out of couch cushions?
First, you need to identify the urine stains. If it dried, you can use a UV blacklight, this is by far the best way to find the dried urine stains.
Sprinkle undiluted white vinegar or enzymatic cleaner on the dog urine until it goes through the couch. Left it to dry completely. The urine odor will vanish as it dries.
Tips: Do not use a steam cleaner as the heat from the machine set in urine stains permanently on the couch and carpet.
Sprinkle baking soda over the spot and cover it completely. Baking soda is the fine agent used to soak urine from the upholstery. It leaves your upholstery freshly smell and healthy.
Make the mixture taking 1 cup and add in it 3 percent hydrogen peroxide and 1 tsp. Dish soap. spread it over the stain and rub it using a clean rag. Let it dry for at least 1 to 2 hours.
At the final stage, vacuum over the old dog pee stain to take away all the powdery residue.
The end result you will get clean, odor-free, and healthy couch areas considering these steps. Now you don’t have to leave with old urine stains on the carpet. These tips are the solution on how to get dried dog pee out of the couch.
How To Remove Pet Urine Smell From Couch with Vinegar and Baking Soda?
Here’s a great recipe for cleaning and permanently removing cat urine, other pet stains, and odors:
Start by first cleaning the area with a vinegar-water solution: Use 2-3 parts water mixed with 1 part vinegar. It’s easiest to put this mixture in a well-marked spray bottle. Clean and blot, with a white towel or white rag.
*A side note: Never use ammonia to clean up cat or dog urine, because cats and dogs will be attracted right back to that same spot to go again. Since all urine is so strong in ammonia, this “fools” the pets’ noses.
Next, I used an enzymatic cleaner to saturated the area, used the attachments from the carpet cleaner, and sprayed the area again. Have no pee smell and no stains.
The second day: Repeat the application enzyme cleaner product and re-cover with plastic.
The third day: Pour plain old drugstore hydrogen peroxide on the area and let it fizz and bubble up anything that’s left. Do this and I can bet your pet urine smell will disappear. Be careful to pre-test the carpet in a discreet area before using the hydrogen peroxide, just to make sure the carpet won’t fade.
I’ve used peroxide many, many times to clean spots on my carpet and upholstery and it’s never hurt my carpet, upholstery, or any clothes fabric. Peroxide works to remove any organic stain. Peroxide will also remove blood, coffee, and hot chocolate. Peroxide is a totally amazing stain remover. It works by using oxygen to “fizz out” the stain. Simple, but effective.
How To Get Urine Smell Out Of The Couch After It Has Dried
- In a bowl, mix 10 ounces of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide, 3 tablespoons of recently opened baking soda (note: not baking powder), and 2-3 drops of dish-washing detergent. Mix until the baking soda is dissolved.
- Pour into a spray bottle.
- Pre-test the upholstery by spraying some cleaner in an inconspicuous place.
- Allow it to dry. If the fabric does not change color, proceed as follows: Spray the stain and allow the cleaner to work for an hour. If the stain is not gone, repeat the process.
- After the stain is gone, rinse the cleaning solution from the area by dabbing with a damp cloth and blotting with a dry towel until all cleaning solution is gone. This is an important step because, over time, the detergent residue will attract dirt. Also, if not removed, hydrogen peroxide could bleach the upholstery and weaken the fibers of the fabric.
How to Remove Dog Urine Smell from Couch Cushions
- 8 ounces of 3% hydrogen peroxide.
- 3 tablespoons of baking soda.
- 1 drop of liquid hand dishwashing soap.
- 4 tablespoons Listerine.
Mix the mixture well into the spray bottle. Sprinkle it on the dog urine on the couch and let it dry for at least 15p to 30p. Vacuum over the dog urine stain to take away all the powdery residue and your couch freshly smell and healthy!
The best thing I’ve found to permanently remove the dog urine is to use Listerine. It soaks down in the fibers, killing all the living bacteria. You may have to repeat it twice, but it has worked for me. Plus, it smells really good. First, begin by blotting up any urine on the carpet. You can either spray or pour it directly on the urine spot. Let it dry and there you go. Dog urine odor is gone.
How To Get Cat Pee Smell Out of Couch with Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide
- 16 oz. bottle hydrogen peroxide
- 1 tsp. liquid dishwashing soap
- 1 Tbsp. baking soda
Empty plastic bottle to put the solution in once it is mixed up.
An ultraviolet black light (to find all the old urine spots that have dried but still smell)
- Using any plastic container mix the Hydrogen Peroxide, dish liquid, and baking soda well using a plastic spoon. If you have a large area or more than one area to clean you may want to use a bigger bowl and mix enough solution according to your needs.
- Once it is mixed put it into your empty plastic bottle. Always discard the unused portion because the oxygen in the peroxide mixed with these other items can make it explode.
- You have to find all the old stains and odors because they give off an odor to your dog or cat that has them coming back to do their business in the same places.
- If you have a black light shut off all the lights in your home and turn on the blacklight. The urine in the carpet or on the furniture will glow. I did not believe this until I tried it and it really works and let me tell you I could not believe all the urine spots on my carpet. There were places I hadn’t even realized my cat could get to.
- Once you find the urine spots, then pour the solution evenly on the whole spot, making sure to saturate the carpet and padding under the carpet.
- Once the whole urine area has been saturated block it off to keep people or pets from walking on it until it is completely dry. Do not blot up any of the formulae because the area needs to be saturated thoroughly and then dry on its own. After it dried, vacuum the spot to remove any white powder left over from the baking soda.
You can also use this on almost anything. This solution has worked on both fresh and old odors. The main ingredient in this is the peroxide because it works the same on the odor as it does on a cut or a sore, it brings the urine to the top of the carpet and it is removed by the oxygen molecules.